Author Topic: House GOP fears retirement wave will lead to tsunami  (Read 24036 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: House GOP fears retirement wave will lead to tsunami
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2019, 10:17:51 pm »
As soon as these cretins begin to show support for the man fighting against odds his entire life...for the GOOD of the nation, we'll move on.

Until then...round and round we go.

Odds? You mean the son of a multi-millionaire in NYC real estate had to struggle to build a business in NYC real estate? Don’t forget the terrible physical limitations from those debilitating bone spurs. I think this may be the first time I simultaneously laughed and vomited.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online corbe

« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2019, 10:22:29 pm »
IF the GOP were to give us a strong candidate??? I can think of several strong candidates, but I don't see any of them running even if asked that would be willing to challenge Trump, or stand up against all the mayhem that the left will undoubtedly throw on them.  Also factor in, it takes millions to run a campaign; which takes getting prominent people with deep pockets who want a conservative to back them.  Who's going to go up against Trump's money and all his connections??  Cruz was the only one who came even close in '16 and obviously we know how that turned out.

The RNC refused to back the most conservative candidate last election, I don't see them changing their tune.  I believe Trump had Priebus in his pocket and a few others; McConnell, Sessions and possibly Hannity.

Hannity and Rush, respectively, were already in his Front Pants Pocket, closer to the action.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2019, 10:36:00 pm »

Hannity and Rush, respectively, were already in his Front Pants Pocket, closer to the action.

Is one hand in his pocket
And the other one is flicking a cigarette
Or is the other one is giving a peace sign?
And what it all boils down to
Is that no one's really got it figured out just yet

Next up: Isn't Ironic @corbe

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2019, 10:36:24 pm »
Amen!

Those who accuse people with consistent values and principles of "doing nothing," or "pouting, " or whatever, are losing their own argument.

No sense talking to em @musiclady ... The bit is in their teeth.  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2019, 10:40:59 pm »
2. Almost no one here ever offers any SOLUTIONS to anything.

3. When on that rare occasion, someone DOES do that it gets near zero attention.

That's right. @txradioguy offered the only real solution: THROW THE BASTARDS OUT!!!

All of them.
Reboot.

And I am absolutely with him on that.
But predictably, no one else will be.

Online corbe

« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2019, 10:44:36 pm »
   How soon they forget that we offered a 'VIABLE' alternative up until they turned our mics off at the GOP Convention.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2019, 10:47:10 pm »
I completely agree, @The Ghost , so long as MY "principles" are viewed thru the same prism, and are as sacred as @roamer_1 's and his kind.

What principles @DCPatriot ?
You're a pragmatist.
Always have been.
That is by definition, without principles. Whatever works, right?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #157 on: July 30, 2019, 10:50:15 pm »
I think this may be the first time I simultaneously laughed and vomited.

Be careful with that or you'll poop yourself.
Jussayin.
 :seeya:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #158 on: July 30, 2019, 10:55:11 pm »
It is August of 2019.   There is plenty of time to persuade the President not to run for re-election.   That possibility, that conversation must start soon.  (For the record, LBJ did not announce he would not run for re-election in 1968 until March 31 of 1968.)     

This is not about replacing Trump with a foe.   It is about persuading him, like LBJ,  to not run in favor of an ally who can take up the banner and win the war that Trump cannot.   Given number of seats we must defend, the loss of the Senate is almost certain if Trump drags down the ticket with independent and suburban voters.

Well, when or IF Trump is "persuaded" to step down, then that begins a whole other conversation.  The GOP needs to defend 22 seats in the Senate and in order to gain the majority the DEMS need to defend 12 seats and gain 3.  I'd agree that's a pretty bleak outlook considering the DEMS won a considerable majority in the House in '18. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #159 on: July 30, 2019, 10:56:44 pm »
   How soon they forget that we offered a 'VIABLE' alternative up until they turned our mics off at the GOP Convention.

:amen: 888high58888 :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2019, 11:01:29 pm »
"cretins" "his kind" "lunatic fringe"

Great way to see things from your point of view or at least discuss things with you in a rational way.  :yowsa:

Buddy....it's been FOUR YEARS since that escalator ride with Melania.

For FOUR YEARS I've been trying to discuss things with your side, and all we get is "Not my circus...not my monkeys"..."My principles won't be compromised", etc., hoping that ya'll get the chance to come down on us that support this incredible, America-loving POTUS.

Hope you brought some Snickers bars while you wait for him to fail.     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2019, 11:06:40 pm »

Wait?

He has been failing all along.
I honestly do not see what you're looking at. @DCPatriot
Y'all are in a different universe.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2019, 11:11:40 pm »

Buddy....it's been FOUR YEARS since that escalator ride with Melania.

For FOUR YEARS I've been trying to discuss things with your side, and all we get is "Not my circus...not my monkeys"..."My principles won't be compromised", etc., hoping that ya'll get the chance to come down on us that support this incredible, America-loving POTUS.

Your side??  That's part of the problem.   In order to win in 2020 we ALL need somehow to come together or we lose.  Just my humble opinion of course.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2019, 11:12:23 pm »
What principles @DCPatriot ?
You're a pragmatist.
Always have been.
That is by definition, without principles. Whatever works, right?

@roamer_1

What good are held principles if you don't display a hint of pragmatism?   If you don't assess the landscape in which you're fighting?

You are too afraid to leap without any guarantee of success. 

BULLETIN! There aren't any guarantees.

Sitting on the sidelines refusing to partake because the man doesn't fit your world view of Conservatism is selfish and stupid.

....not necessarily in that order. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2019, 11:13:19 pm »
Your side??  That's part of the problem.   In order to win in 2020 we ALL need somehow to come together or we lose.  Just my humble opinion of course.

That literally cannot happen.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2019, 11:15:16 pm »

Again with the tennis racket and backyard squirrel...

After 4 years of trying to get them to reassess themselves?  You're GD right there are two sides on this forum.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2019, 11:20:25 pm »
Wait?

He has been failing all along.
I honestly do not see what you're looking at. @DCPatriot
Y'all are in a different universe.

LOL!  ...says the guy inside the zoo behind the glass.   

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2019, 11:21:31 pm »
What good are held principles if you don't display a hint of pragmatism?   If you don't assess the landscape in which you're fighting?

You are too afraid to leap without any guarantee of success. 

BULLETIN! There aren't any guarantees.

Sitting on the sidelines refusing to partake because the man doesn't fit your world view of Conservatism is selfish and stupid.

....not necessarily in that order.

@DCPatriot
Absolutely incorrect. What would be stupid is voting for what I don't believe in... over and over again.

It isn't about the 'landscape I am fighting', but rather only what I am fighting *FOR* ...Which y'all have exactly none of.

It is not pragmatic to support the opposite of what is to be held dear.
It is not pragmatic to vote against principle - To vote against self evident truth.

You are not winning when you are destroying the very principles you purport to stand upon.

Do you see that?

Bill Cipher

« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2019, 11:21:53 pm »
Wow. What a CF of a thread.  Pass the popcorn!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2019, 11:24:16 pm »
LOL!  ...says the guy inside the zoo behind the glass.

@DCPatriot
Hey pal, Hate to break it to ya, but YOU'RE the one in the concrete maze... I am out here in the sun drinking water from the ground and breathing clean air.

:tongue2:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #170 on: July 30, 2019, 11:25:47 pm »

After 4 years of trying to get them to reassess themselves?  You're GD right there are two sides on this forum.

Yes indeed.  Gosh Darn right everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Perhaps a nice glass of wine, or relaxing with a good book D.C.?   :shrug:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #171 on: July 30, 2019, 11:26:35 pm »
Wow. What a CF of a thread.  Pass the popcorn!

:2popcorn: :2popcorn: :pop41: :pop41: :pop41:  :patriot:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #172 on: July 30, 2019, 11:27:31 pm »

Reassess MYSELF?

LOL! It has nothing to do with me.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2019, 11:33:15 pm »
Reassess MYSELF?

LOL! It has nothing to do with me.

Oh yes it does!  If any one of these communist clowns becomes president for lack of one vote in your state  I'm coming up there to get you!   *look*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2019, 11:37:42 pm »
Be careful with that or you'll poop yourself.
Jussayin.

I'll have to get an Al Roker mask and schedule a WH visit.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.