Author Topic: Meadows breaks with Trump: 'Cummings is not a racist'  (Read 218 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Meadows breaks with Trump: 'Cummings is not a racist'
« on: July 29, 2019, 10:27:58 pm »
Meadows breaks with Trump: 'Cummings is not a racist'
by Dominick Mastrangelo
 | July 29, 2019 05:03 PM

Republican Rep. Mark Meadows defended both President Trump and his Democratic colleague, Rep. Elijah Cummings, from charges of racism and urged for more civility between the two parties.

"I am friends with both men, President Trump and Chairman Cummings. I know both men well. Neither man is a racist. Period. Both love America," Meadows said in a statement to Politico. "I think if we put aside partisanship with investigations we can find bipartisan solutions that will benefit not only Chairman Cummings’ district but the country as a whole."

Meadows was responding to the brutal war of words between Trump and congressional Democrats after the president targeted Cummings and his Baltimore district, which Trump called "rat infested" and out of control with crime.

Trump called Cummings, the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, "racist" and said he is more focused on harassing him and his administration than helping people who need their attention.

Cummings is leading a congressional investigation into conduct the several Trump administration officials, an effort the president has called "presidential harassment."

Former Republican Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, who is now a CNN analyst, read the statement live on the network. Santorum is friends with Meadows and claimed to have received the statement via text.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/meadows-breaks-with-trump-cummings-is-not-a-racist
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Re: Meadows breaks with Trump: 'Cummings is not a racist'
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 10:37:03 pm »
OK he just does not like White People.