Author Topic: 2 Gopher Swimmers Hit By Gunfire In Downtown Minneapolis  (Read 559 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
2 Gopher Swimmers Hit By Gunfire In Downtown Minneapolis
« on: July 29, 2019, 05:12:05 pm »
2 Gopher Swimmers Hit By Gunfire In Downtown Minneapolis
July 29, 2019 at 9:04 am

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – University of Minnesota officials say two members of its men’s swimming team were victims of gun violence in Minneapolis over the weekend.

The Minnesota Athletics’ Department says the two swimmers were hit by stray gunfire early Saturday morning near the intersection of 2nd Avenue and 3rd Street north in downtown Minneapolis. The two had just ordered a pizza and were waiting for a ride home.

Read more at: https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/07/29/2-u-of-m-swimmers-injured-in-minneapolis-shooting/

Apparently, the young men did not suffer serious injuries and were released but another Democrat city nightmare show. North Minneapolis is suppose to be pretty bad.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: 2 Gopher Swimmers Hit By Gunfire In Downtown Minneapolis
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 05:54:17 pm »
I had to come read this just to find out what a "gopher swimmer" was.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 05:57:19 pm »
Your thread title conjured a very different picture in my mind than what actually happened. Anyway, I'm glad they're OK. [Sarcasm] MN clearly needs more gun control laws. Because criminals are scared by gun control laws. [/Sarcasm]
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 06:03:11 pm »
Downtown Pittsburgh has become dangerous too, particularly during or after an event.  There was a shooting after the 4th of July fireworks and more recently, another shooting after a musical event.  Gangbangers have apparently have decided it's cool to move their shooting wars from the ghetto to downtown. 

I used to work downtown, but lately, I try to avoid it at all costs, even during the day.  It's sad because the city has undergone extensive renovation.  Former office buildings are now hotels or condos/apartments.  The mayor has been pushing suburbanites to move downtown and many have.  But after all the recent violence, a number of those residents want out. 

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 06:04:55 pm »
I'm sure Ilhan Omar rushed back to fact find about the incident. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 06:08:04 pm »
I'm sure Ilhan Omar rushed back to fact find about the incident. *****rollingeyes*****

It may depend on whether the swimmers are white Christians or Jews.  In any event, if she does, you know she will find a way to blame this incident on Trump.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 06:34:37 pm »
We used to shoot gophers all the time out on the farm.  A .22 works great.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 08:05:06 pm »
Apparently, the young men did not suffer serious injuries and were released but another Democrat city nightmare show. North Minneapolis is suppose to be pretty bad.
I have a stepdaughter and her family who live in one of the  northwest suburbs of Minneapolis.  The violence that makes N. Minny dangerous is spreading out to those suburbs. I've noticed an increasing number of violent crimes in neighborhoods not far from her house.
The wife and I have tried to talk to my stepdaughter about moving to a better, far less potentially dangerous 'burb, (which she and her husband can well afford), but she likes to live in a  very modest house despite the deteriorating conditions approaching her neighborhood. Yes, she's a very liberal Democrat.