Author Topic: Schiff warns that Trump impeachment trial could end with acquittal  (Read 604 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Schiff warns that Trump impeachment trial could end with acquittal
Ben Kamisar

WASHINGTON — House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., defended the House Democratic leadership's cautious approach toward launching impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump, saying that charges destined to be nullified by the GOP-controlled Senate could set an unwelcome precedent.

In an exclusive interview with "Meet the Press," Schiff said “there is great weight” to the argument that impeaching Trump is an imperative in order to take a stand that the allegations he’s accused of — mainly, obstruction of justice — cannot be tolerated by Congress. But he said a failed impeachment fight could end up sending the wrong message.

“I worry equally about the message of taking an impeachment case to trial, losing that case, having the president acquitted, and then having an adjudication that this conduct is not impeachable,” he said.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/schiff-warns-that-trump-impeachment-trial-could-end-with-acquittal/ar-AAEYLfd?li=BBnb7Kz
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Schiff  is sticking his neck out?

Offline dfwgator

Like saying the Tigers won't win the World Series this year.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
So the DEMS are afraid to impeach because of acquittal, which means two things; they don't have valid grounds for impeachment and impeachment is highly unlikely to make it through the Senate.   happy77
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So the DEMS are afraid to impeach because of acquittal, which means two things; they don't have valid grounds for impeachment and impeachment is highly unlikely to make it through the Senate.   happy77

If they do the impeachment, they will be called on the cards they have in their hand.  They are desperately trying to stop being called on their bluff.  This isn't Chess, nor Checkers, but Poker, and the Rats can't leave the table because they need to win that money back.

It cracks me up hearing Schitt say this would be "unprecedented."   There's a very powerful precedent for the Senate "nullifying" an impeachment.  It was back in 1999 when the Democrats in the Senate refused to even look at the evidence presented by the House Managers, and instead nullified the Impeachment of Bill Clinton by a partisan vote in  the Senate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Fixed it for you.
Schitt is sticking his pencil neck out.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline PeteS in CA

Schiff seems to have an occasional grasp on the grossly obvious. When he wants to.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Fixed it for you.
Schitt is sticking his pencil neck out.

Beat me to it!   888high58888

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Conviction isn't on the table. It isn't even in the same time zone as the table. So dems have to decide whether impeachment alone improves or diminishes their 2020 prospects. They can make the case on their own terms in the House, but once it goes to the Senate,  proceedings there could dredge up all kinds of unsavory behavior the dems would much rather remained in the shadows. I think impeachment is stone dead and we're just witnessing attempts to exit as gracefully as possible without thoroughly pissing off the lunatic left base.

---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Conviction isn't on the table. It isn't even in the same time zone as the table. So dems have to decide whether impeachment alone improves or diminishes their 2020 prospects. They can make the case on their own terms in the House, but once it goes to the Senate,  proceedings there could dredge up all kinds of unsavory behavior the dems would much rather remained in the shadows. I think impeachment is stone dead and we're just witnessing attempts to exit as gracefully as possible without thoroughly pissing off the lunatic left base.

...while keeping the heat on the President and feeding the press its red meat.  This new so-called investigation is not designed to ever have a conclusion (the "old" one wasn't).  It's not the issue, it's the distraction that's the goal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Schiff warns that Trump impeachment trial could end with acquittal
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2019, 01:37:50 am »
Hey, lil' Adam... are you just figuring this out NOW ???

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Schiff warns that Trump impeachment trial could end with acquittal
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2019, 01:49:18 am »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,370205.msg2020319.html#msg2020319

Well. That's kind of surprising. Schiff is reading my posts.
He is quoting me from this morning.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.