Author Topic: Immigration top 2020 issue, 3-to-1 over healthcare, illegals ‘affect my life’  (Read 426 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Immigration top 2020 issue, 3-to-1 over healthcare, illegals ‘affect my life’
Washington Examiner, Jul 29, 2019, Paul Bedard

Illegal immigration has forcefully moved to the top issue in the 2020 election, with Americans declaring that it impacts their lives and that they believe migrants are abusing social welfare programs once they get into the nation.

According to a series of polls released today by Heritage Action for America, immigration was cited as the top concern of Americans, at 21%. By comparison, just 7% cited healthcare.

What’s more, 54% said illegal immigration impacts their lives.

The top concern about illegals was abuse of social programs like healthcare, public schools and welfare, said the surveys and analysis meant to help the GOP focus on winning 2020 messages.

Some 70% of Republicans cited abuse of social programs as the top concern, not crime or competition for jobs, a message that is not being pushed by President Trump.

In a separate analysis in Politico Magazine, Tim Chapman, executive director of Heritage Action, urged the party to fine tune its anti-immigration message. He wrote, “By focusing on crime and job losses, the party and its leaders are making the least persuasive case for border security and immigration reform. As a result, Democrats feel little public pressure to compromise on the issue, even as their presidential candidates move aggressively leftward by promising the use of social services to illegal immigrants. If politics is a game of contrast, then the GOP can play it much better.”

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/immigration-top-2020-issue-3-to-1-over-health-care-illegals-affect-my-life

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Immigration top 2020 issue, 3-to-1 over healthcare, illegals ‘affect my life’
Washington Examiner, Jul 29, 2019, Paul Bedard

Illegal immigration has forcefully moved to the top issue in the 2020 election, with Americans declaring that it impacts their lives and that they believe migrants are abusing social welfare programs once they get into the nation.

According to a series of polls released today by Heritage Action for America, immigration was cited as the top concern of Americans, at 21%. By comparison, just 7% cited healthcare.

What’s more, 54% said illegal immigration impacts their lives.

The top concern about illegals was abuse of social programs like healthcare, public schools and welfare, said the surveys and analysis meant to help the GOP focus on winning 2020 messages.

Some 70% of Republicans cited abuse of social programs as the top concern, not crime or competition for jobs, a message that is not being pushed by President Trump.

In a separate analysis in Politico Magazine, Tim Chapman, executive director of Heritage Action, urged the party to fine tune its anti-immigration message. He wrote, “By focusing on crime and job losses, the party and its leaders are making the least persuasive case for border security and immigration reform. As a result, Democrats feel little public pressure to compromise on the issue, even as their presidential candidates move aggressively leftward by promising the use of social services to illegal immigrants. If politics is a game of contrast, then the GOP can play it much better.”

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/immigration-top-2020-issue-3-to-1-over-health-care-illegals-affect-my-life

No, Trump doesn't.  And he and Jared should assure that people coming in on their increased HB and USMC Trade deal are not eligible for these programs also.  But no, they are busy attacking food programs with verification of assets.  I posted my comments about that.  Illegal immigrants find their ways out of all verification programs so that would mostly affect Americans.  Probably mainly Americans with small children. 

If they wanted to crack down on people who are on WICK they should look into people with loans for businesses, houses, cars, boats on ITIN.  Also check how much they are getting from the IRS at the end of the year after scamming our country for thousands a family.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
So immigration is once again a top issue.  It was the top issue in 2016 and it really is a shame that more hasn't been done. Promises...promises ... and here we sit.  Trump has made some headway recently, let's hope that we start to see some significant results going into the 2020 election.   :shrug:

Border security is one issue; cutting off all the 'perks' including healthcare given to illegals would help dramatically.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 11:22:14 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

So immigration is once again a top issue.  It was the top issue in 2016 and it really is a shame that more hasn't been done. Promises...promises ... and here we sit.  Trump has made some headway recently, let's hope that we start to see some significant results going into the 2020 election.   :shrug:

Border security is one issue; cutting off all the 'perks' including healthcare given to illegals would help dramatically.

Stopping the perks would stop it completely.  Today there was a story about a Senator helping a pregnant woman with preeclampsia and other complications to claim asylum.  You know that as soon as she crossed into the U.S we are the burdened with the huge expenses of her complicated pregnancy.  They are coming ready to give birth.  They know when they set step on US soil they can get everything they want including free emergency medical.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

By Byron Pitts CBS April 7, 2008, 6:34 PM
Illegal Immigrant Births - At Your Expense

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/illegal-immigrant-births-at-your-expense/

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
To me,  the issues with migrants and illegal immigrants have everything to do with crime and competition for jobs,  the issues that, it appears,  Republicans have been emphasizing.    But it's interesting that, at least according to this poll,  many folks appear stuck on petty resentment.   We are a prosperous and generous nation, and  I have no objection to extending social programs to migrants who are here lawfully;  indeed, taking care of the sick in doctors' offices rather than emergency rooms improves care for all of us.   

To me, the linchpin isn't taking the "perks" away,  but rather making the conditions more difficult for employers to hire those not here legally.   Since most come here,  once sanctuary is achieved, for opportunity,  the ability to work should be the most precious commodity that America affords.   If employers are hit hard for hiring illegals,   the impact will ultimately be that folks will have greater incentive to get and keep that credential to work.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
To me,  the issues with migrants and illegal immigrants have everything to do with crime and competition for jobs,  the issues that, it appears,  Republicans have been emphasizing.    But it's interesting that, at least according to this poll,  many folks appear stuck on petty resentment.   We are a prosperous and generous nation, and  I have no objection to extending social programs to migrants who are here lawfully;  indeed, taking care of the sick in doctors' offices rather than emergency rooms improves care for all of us.   

To me, the linchpin isn't taking the "perks" away,  but rather making the conditions more difficult for employers to hire those not here legally.   Since most come here,  once sanctuary is achieved, for opportunity,  the ability to work should be the most precious commodity that America affords.   If employers are hit hard for hiring illegals,   the impact will ultimately be that folks will have greater incentive to get and keep that credential to work.

#1  They are here ILLEGALLY and should be receiving NO perks whatsoever.  The only perk that they should be receiving is an automatic DEPORTATION.

#2  Laws need to be changed to end birthright citizenship.  ILLEGAL pregnant women trying to come here should be turned away at the border.  If they do make it in, since the mother is here ILLEGALLY, then the child should be deemed ILLEGAL as well and BOTH should be DEPORTED.

#3  Several of us have posted numerous links --- the fact that most ILLEGALS come here to work, is just plain B.S.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.