Author Topic: Trump taps Texas Rep. Ratcliffe to replace Dan Coats as top intelligence official  (Read 552 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump expected to nominate Texas GOP lawmaker to replace Dan Coats: report
By Justin Wise - 07/28/19 02:04 PM EDT

President Trump is reportedly expected to nominate Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-Texas) to replace Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats.

Axios, citing three people familiar with the president's deliberations, reported on the development on Sunday. The news outlet noted that Trump was especially enthusiastic by Ratcliffe's questioning of former special counsel Robert Mueller during his congressional testimony last week.

Ratcliffe denounced some of the findings in Mueller's report during a House Judiciary Committee hearing, saying that it wasn't Mueller's job to "conclusively determine Donald Trump's innocence."

"I agree with Chairman Nadler this morning when he said Donald Trump is not above the law," Ratcliffe said. "But he damn sure should not be below the law which is where Volume II of this report puts him."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/455068-trump-expected-to-nominate-texas-gop-lawmaker-to-replace-dan-coats
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I have made a habit, of checking Wikipedia to learn somethingabout people. Done it for years.

Lately the entries are more "partisan."

Almost every conservative or Republican is "far right," and/or"extremist."

Wiki was at one time, fairly w3ll balanced. But I believe it has been taken over, controlede bythe far left.

People on the right, have jobs. And that leaves less time to set Wiki straight.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I have made a habit, of checking Wikipedia to learn somethingabout people. Done it for years.

Wiki was at one time, fairly w3ll balanced. But I believe it has been taken over, controlede bythe far left.

I agree; it is.

Ratcliff is a mixed bag:  https://www.conservativereview.com/scorecard/john-ratcliffe/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump taps Texas Rep. Ratcliffe to replace Dan Coats as top intelligence official
By Morgan Chalfant - 07/28/19 04:48 PM EDT

Dan Coats is out as President Trump’s Director of National Intelligence.

Trump on Sunday announced Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-Texas) will replace Coats, who is set to leave his position on Aug. 15. The news came hours after reports began to circulate that Coats's departure was imminent.

The position was expected to be filled by Coats’s deputy Sue Gordon in the interim, though Trump added a layer of uncertainty to that on Sunday by saying he would announce an acting director "shortly."

“I am pleased to announce that highly respected Congressman John Ratcliffe of Texas will be nominated by me to be the Director of National Intelligence. A former U.S. Attorney, John will lead and inspire greatness for the Country he loves. Dan Coats, the current Director, will be leaving office on August 15th. I would like to thank Dan for his great service to our Country. The Acting Director will be named shortly,” Trump wrote in a pair of tweets Sunday evening.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/453960-dan-coats-out-as-trumps-top-intelligence-official
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Perry as SOE has kept a low profile, not so much the 'other' Texas appointment he made, Tillerson.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I do too.  I also check for social media.  Here is his twitter page.  It is easy to see why Trump chose him.

https://twitter.com/RepRatcliffe
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.