Author Topic: Nadler repeats faulty claim, corrected by Mueller, about why Trump was not indicted  (Read 320 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nadler repeats faulty claim, corrected by Mueller, about why Trump was not indicted

By Alex Pappas | Fox News

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler repeated a faulty claim Friday – which was corrected by former Special Counsel Robert Mueller during his testimony earlier this week – about why President Trump wasn’t indicted in the Russia probe.

During a Democratic press conference about Mueller’s testimony, Nadler, a New York Democrat, claimed Mueller said the only reason Trump wasn’t indicted for obstruction of justice was because of a Justice Department opinion prohibiting charging a sitting president with a crime. He cited Mueller’s response to a question from House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Ted Lieu, D-Calif.

“He told us in a remarkable exchange with Mr. Lieu that but for the Department of Justice policy prohibiting [him] from doing so, he would have indicted President Trump,” Nadler said. “Indeed it is clear that any other citizen of this country who has behaved as this president has would have been charged with multiple crimes.”

But on Wednesday, Mueller himself went out of his way to clarify that he didn’t intend to suggest that.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nadler-repeats-faulty-claim-corrected-by-mueller-about-why-trump-was-not-indicted
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

And Nadler will get away with this?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I hope we manage to keep mics in front of idiots like Nader for the duration.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I hope we manage to keep mics in front of idiots like Nader for the duration.

Nadler has carefully avoided any but the friendliest of media since becoming House Judiciary Committee chairman.

Mark Levin just made a very good point - if Nadler seeks to impeach the duly elected president of the US he has an obligation to take his case to all media outlets and all Americans, not just the friendly media and the nutbar fringe.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nadler has carefully avoided any but the friendliest of media since becoming House Judiciary Committee chairman.

Mark Levin just made a very good point - if Nadler seeks to impeach the duly elected president of the US he has an obligation to take his case to all media outlets and all Americans, not just the friendly media and the nutbar fringe.

Two words:  Chris.  Wallace.  He can be counted on to be friendly to Nadler.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: