Author Topic: Guatemala SIGNS Safe third Country Agreement with the US at Oval Office Press Conference (Video)  (Read 574 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Guatemala SIGNS Safe third Country Agreement with the US at Oval Office Press Conference (Video)
Golden State Times, Jul 26, 2019, YouTube

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVvRecIIkdM

Trump Signs Agreement With Guatemala To Limit Asylum Seekers
NPR, Jul 26, 2019

President Trump announced Friday that Guatemala has agreed to sign a so-called "safe third country asylum agreement" as part of Trump's strategy for reducing the flow of migrants to the U.S.

Trump made the announcement before reporters in the Oval Office as Guatemalan interior minister Enrique Degenhart signed the agreement.

He called it "a very important" signing. "It's going to be terrific for them and terrific for the United States," Trump said, adding the agreement "will usher in a new era and investment and growth for Guatemala."

The agreement comes after days of threats by Trump to Guatemala that included potential tariffs on Guatemalan goods, taxes on remittances sent home by Guatemalans living in the U.S. and, a potential travel ban on Guatemalan nationals to the U.S.

Under the agreement, migrants traveling through Guatemala from countries such as Honduras and El Salvador would have to claim asylum in Guatemala instead of the U.S. Getting Guatemala to sign the agreement was a key component of Trump's strategy for reducing illegal migration to the U.S.

More:  https://www.npr.org/2019/07/26/745727128/trump-signs-agreement-with-guatemala-to-limit-asylum-seekers

Trump announces asylum deal with Guatemala
Politico; Jul 26, 2019 5:05 PM EDT, TED HESSON

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/26/trump-asylum-guatemala-1437764

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
How long will it be until we hear about the rubber boat flotillas from Honduras to Belize to skip over Guatemala?

:whistle:

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

“@DHSgov @DHSMcAleenan Puts Guatemalan Migrants on Fast Track Home”

A quiet deal with Guatemala is allowing U.S. border agencies to send Guatemalan migrants home without any delays to get travel documents

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/07/26/dhs-kevin-mcaleenan-puts-guatemalan-migrants-on-fast-track-home/

2:59 PM - 26 Jul 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1154873893204713479

After the signing POTUS takes questions from the "press" on wide-ranging issues..... (video above)

Online libertybele

I'd say this is another win!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I'd say this is another win!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

888high58888   888high58888   888high58888   888high58888   888high58888

Offline skeeter

After the signing POTUS takes questions from the "press" on wide-ranging issues..... (video above)

I expect the usual crowd to be on these threads giving us the Politico version of these stories but I haven't seen any of them posting for the past couple of days. Was there a purge I'm not aware of?

I expect the usual crowd to be on these threads giving us the Politico version of these stories but I haven't seen any of them posting for the past couple of days. Was there a purge I'm not aware of?

I don't think so  :laugh:  Methinks it's more about POTUS having a pretty darn good week. 

Online rustynail

The Columbia Bugle 🇺🇸
‏ @ColumbiaBugle 2h2 hours ago

And here it is!

The United States and Guatemala signing a "safe third country" agreement.

This is a big victory and shows the effectiveness of using threat of tariffs and remittances on these countries who play games on Immigration.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

A bigger win than many realize I think.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

I don't think so  :laugh:  Methinks it's more about POTUS having a pretty darn good week.

Yes, a very good week, indeed!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

What a couple of days; first Mueller falls apart, second the SCOTUS says the money from the military budget can be used for wall construction, now Guatemala signs onto safe country agreement.

People may not like Trump's apolitical style, but he is getting things done.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

It's been a great week!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
A bigger win than many realize I think.

This is very good news.  Mexico should sign too.  They should never make it to the U.S. at all.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.