Author Topic: U.S. presidential hopeful Harris would spend $60 billion on historically black colleges  (Read 462 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

U.S. presidential hopeful Harris would spend $60 billion on historically black colleges
Reuters, Jul 26, 2019

Democratic presidential hopeful Kamala Harris will unveil a plan on Friday to invest $60 billion in historically black colleges and universities if elected, the latest effort by the U.S. senator from California to reach out to black voters.

She will also release a plan to spend $12 billion on entrepreneurship programs aimed at the black community, her campaign said.

Harris is one of two dozen Democrats in a field led by former Vice President Joe Biden seeking the Democratic nomination to challenge Republican President Donald Trump in the November 2020 election.

She has consistently polled behind Biden among black voters, despite her mixed heritage as the daughter of immigrants from Jamaica and India.

More:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/us-presidential-hopeful-harris-would-spend-dollar60-billion-on-historically-black-colleges/ar-AAETBgw?ocid=spartandhp

Offline Right Reason

I cannot imagine the shrieking and sobbing if Trump said, "I would like to oversee a $60 billion investment in White Colleges" (which don't exist, but you get the point ...)
Never before in our country's history has a generation been so empowered, so wealthy, so privileged - and yet so empty.

Offline dfwgator

Segregation Today!
Segregation Tomorrow!
Segregation Forever!

Online libertybele

I'd say that Mizz Harris be a racist!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

This will go over well with the other 87 percent of the nation.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This is a 100% racist move.  Where is AOC?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

It would violate the equal protection clause, but Kammy knows only one principle, her lust for power.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Night Hides Not

I think we've seen this strategy before.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
It's pathetic for her but a credit to black voters that all her pandering isn't resonating with them.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Applewood

I cannot imagine the shrieking and sobbing if Trump said, "I would like to oversee a $60 billion investment in White Colleges" (which don't exist, but you get the point ...)

Exactly.  This chick's promise does smack of blatant racism.  But of course, no liberal or mainstream media phony journalist will admit it.    Only purebred whites are capable of racism, ya know.

Anyway -- this promise is one of many the 470 Democrat candidates for the presidency are throwing around now and they will be throwing around a lot more idiot ideas for the next year.  We are in election seasons where the promises and the stunts get more and more outlandish with every passing day.    I just sit back and laugh at all of them.  Hopefully, the voters aren't swayed.

Bill Cipher

It would violate the equal protection clause, but Kammy knows only one principle, her lust for power.

How would it violate the equal protection clause?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
How would it violate the equal protection clause?

Spending government money based on the racial makeup of the student body.  Any student attending a non- historically black college would have standing, as would any such colleges themselves.

Bill Cipher

Spending government money based on the racial makeup of the student body.  Any student attending a non- historically black college would have standing, as would any such colleges themselves.

Don’t think so.