Author Topic: Judge: 2nd Amendment Does Not Protect Semiautomatic ‘Killing Machines’  (Read 1312 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
U.S. District Judge Josephine Staton, Central District of California, ruled this week the existence of the Second Amendment does not mean semiautomatic “killing machines” must be legal in California.

Staton ruling against “semiautomatic rifles with non-fixed magazines” came in response to a California Rifle and Pistol Association (CRPA) challenge against the state’s “assault weapons” ban.

CRPA sought a summary judgement against the “assault weapons” ban on behalf of Plaintiff Steven Rupp. But Stanton rejected the summary judgement request, characterizing “semiautomatic rifles with non-fixed magazines” as “killing machines” which “are essentially indistinguishable from M-16s.”

Stanton’s point overlooks the fact that M-16s are fully automatic firearms, which can fire a magazine-full of bullets per one trigger depression, while AR-15s are semiautomatic rifles, which fire one round per trigger pull, period.  Her position aligned with that California Attorney General Xavier Becerra, who argued that “[a]ssault rifles may be banned because they are, like the M-16, ‘weapons that are most useful in military service’; and ‘they are also not “in common use” for lawful purposes like self-defense.’”

Stanton opined that a ban on M-16s can stand under scrutiny of District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), because such guns are “outside the scope of the Second Amendment.” She then turned to a ban on AR-15s, saying, “Thus, if a weapon is essentially the same as the M-16, it is not protected by the Second Amendment merely because gun manufacturers have given it a different model number and dubbed it a ‘civilian rifle.’”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/07/26/judge-2nd-amendment-does-not-protect-semiautomatic-killing-machines/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Obastard appointee.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Bill Cipher

Totally wrong.  Hopefully the 9th Circuit does the right thing and overturns the decision. 

Offline andy58-in-nh

Obastard appointee.

Ignorant Obastard appointee.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline skeeter

This judge isn't letting her personal opinion color her ruling, no sir.

Justice Roberts pick up the white courtesy telephone. On second thought, don't bother.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 07:00:31 pm by skeeter »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Totally wrong.  Hopefully the 9th Circuit does the right thing and overturns the decision.

C'mon now...it's the 9th Circus...they'll uphold the decision.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Not a lawyer by any stretch, but as a citizen of the United States and protected by the 2nd Amendment...the very fact "Killing Machines" are a reality, we are entitled to WhateverTF we can get hands-on.

The 2nd Amendment protects me from a tyrannical government, as well as his home being his castle.   

Private home ownership.  Once they set their sights on that...it's lock n load.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bill Cipher

C'mon now...it's the 9th Circus...they'll uphold the decision.

They may, in which case I hope the Supreme Court reverses. 

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Her position aligned with that California Attorney General Xavier Becerra, who argued that “[a]ssault rifles may be banned because they are, like the M-16, ‘weapons that are most useful in military service’; and ‘they are also not “in common use” for lawful purposes like self-defense.’”

The 'ol semantic switcheroo.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
They may, in which case I hope the Supreme Court reverses.

I know that Justice Thomas is willing to take on another 2A case...the rest of the Justices have seemed reluctant to and Thomas has been vocal about the lower courts ignoring the Heller decision.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
The 'ol semantic switcheroo.

Yup a switcheroo by two people who are clueless about guns it would appear.  This is jsut as dumb as the NY AG's comment the other day about helping California protect people from "rapid fire bullet delivery systems"

Bill Cipher

I know that Justice Thomas is willing to take on another 2A case...the rest of the Justices have seemed reluctant to and Thomas has been vocal about the lower courts ignoring the Heller decision.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Judge can't understand Normal thinking. The bias of her personal preferences should not be used to refute the Constitution. She should be barred from the bench.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis