Author Topic: Pelosi denies AOC rift: 'I don’t think there ever was a hatchet'  (Read 126 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi denies AOC rift: 'I don’t think there ever was a hatchet'
by Susan Ferrechio
 | July 26, 2019 11:45 AM
 | Updated Jul 26, 2019, 11:52 AM

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi denied a serious rift with an liberal freshman star Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez following a short meeting Friday morning between the two women.

“I would never even say there was a hatchet,” Pelosi, a California Democrat, said when asked if the two had some animosity to bury.

Pelosi complimented Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. as “a very gracious member of Congress,” and said they discussed the importance of an agenda that addresses the diversity of the country.

She called her tiff with Ocasio-Cortez “some personality issues” and called the matter “minor.”

“You’re in a family and in a family you have your differences but you are still a family.” Pelosi said.

“In our caucus we have our differences. Respect that, instead of making a big issue out of it.” Pelosi

Pelosi described herself as a weaver at a loom when it comes to unifying a diverse caucus and “just making all of those threads come together in the boldest possible way.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/pelosi-denies-aoc-rift-i-dont-think-there-ever-was-a-hatchet
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

In other words, Madam Pelosi briefly pulled the velvet off the fist to show the hardened steel underneath, and - at least for now - AOC got the message.