Author Topic: WATCH: Doug Collins cuts short prepared statement to rail against 'dehumanizing' hearing  (Read 489 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WATCH: Doug Collins cuts short prepared statement to rail against 'dehumanizing' hearing
by John Gage
 | July 25, 2019 03:38 PM

Rep. Doug Collins stopped reading his prepared comments during a House Judiciary Committee on Thursday to rail against what he said was a "dehumanizing" hearing process.

"Look, I’m going to stop. I’m not going to read this," the Georgia Republican said as he set down his papers. "You know what is dehumanizing? Is continuing to bring the same witnesses, the same people from the same agency, to talk about this over and over and over again. What’s dehumanizing is doing that and not doing anything about it. That’s what’s dehumanizing. It’s talking about a problem, talking about a problem, talking about a problem, and never putting a solution up."

"And look, my Democratic colleagues have ideas," he added. "I may disagree with those ideas, but put a bill up. I have a bill. Put mine up. Make amendments to it. Do whatever you want to do. That’s what Congress is supposed to do. Dehumanizing is this. This is dehumanizing."

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/watch-doug-collins-cuts-short-prepared-statement-to-rail-against-dehumanizing-hearing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
What a joke. He badgers the left for being a do nothing majority. Doing nothing is exactly why he now finds himself in the minority.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What a joke. He badgers the left for being a do nothing majority. Doing nothing is exactly why he now finds himself in the minority.

I don't know his record but this needed to be said.  Maybe I am not in the know about his voting record but he was right here.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Not sure what you are talking about.

https://dougcollins.house.gov/Issues/Immigration
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Hoodat

Collins is one of the few good ones in Congress who stands on principle.  He is not a sell-out unlike Johnny Isakson, Tom Price, etc.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

Collins is one of the few good ones in Congress who stands on principle.  He is not a sell-out unlike Johnny Isakson, Tom Price, etc.

I liked what I read at his link I posted.  We need to get rid of RINO's.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
He is persuassive.

Keep it simple.

--Visual.

--Repetition.

-- Far too many "conservatives" think the answers lie in tallies of factoids, like spreadsheets.

Other persuassive people: Reagan, Perot, WJ Clinton, Treump, AOC.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Not sure what you are talking about.

https://dougcollins.house.gov/Issues/Immigration

I’m talking about the previous Congress, of which he was a member, and they were the majority. What did they do with it? Very little.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I’m talking about the previous Congress, of which he was a member, and they were the majority. What did they do with it? Very little.

So it was they, not specifically him.  You are absolutely correct very little.  In fact I can't think of anything.