Author Topic: All-Time Record Low Temperatures set across Montana + one tied from 1898  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Electroverse July 23, 2019 by Cap Allon

With the few days of ‘eastern heat’ taking all the headlines, the anomalous and long-lasting cold infecting vast swathes of North America is again being swept under the sustainably-sourced non-synthetic-petroleum-derived-fiber carpet. Record cold hit Montana over the weekend with several cities and towns setting new all-time record lows, but I’ll bet my diesel-guzzling L200 you never heard about it.

I’ve listed a few of the new record lows below:

Utica set a new record low of -1.1C (30F) on Saturday July 20.

Kalispell’s 2.2C (36F) busted the previous record of 3.3C (38F) set in 1996 (solar minimum of cycle 22).

Great Falls set a new record low of 3.3C (38F) over the weekend, beating the old 4.4C (40F) set back in 1926 (exiting solar min of cycle 15).

Livingston broke it’s previous all-time record with a low of 3.9C (39F).

While Helena tied its previous record low set way back in 1898 (entering solar minimum of cycle 13) with a reading of 6.1C (43F) on Saturday.

In addition, Missoula’s low of 39F on Saturday was the first time since 1995 (solar min of cycle 20) that a temperature in the 30s has been observed in the last two weeks of July, and only the fifth time in the last 50 years.

More: https://electroverse.net/new-all-time-record-low-temperatures-set-across-montana/

Online roamer_1

Kalispell’s 2.2C (36F) busted the previous record of 3.3C (38F) set in 1996 (solar minimum of cycle 22).

Well, it was more like 40... no frost to worry about... but yeah that was a mighty fine cool night.
Still have a quilt on the bed... and it's dang near august...
Still have all my winter hair on, though it dang near came off the other day...
But now we're back to mid 80s and high 40s/50's... We should be racking up 90s by now. Only had one so far this year.

A couple more weeks of this and we won't have to worry about getting smoked out this season.
Still bright green and no watering. The gardens are going great guns...
I like it.
Too bad for all y'all.

Offline thackney

It was 68°F for the second morning in a row south of Houston, Texas.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Ain't it wonderful.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

63 here where I live on the 25th of July no less!  Don't expect to see that again anytime soon.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ain't it wonderful.

Breakfast and coffee on the back patio.  How often can you say that in SE Texas late July.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

Breakfast and coffee on the back patio.  How often can you say that in SE Texas late July.

I went out and had my morning beverage (tea) on the back patio the last two mornings. Gorgeous weather!!

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I'm guessing about every 11 years?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.