Author Topic: Federal court blocks Trump asylum rules hours after judge ruled to keep restrictions in place  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Didn't Chip Roy say he should just ignore these rulings?

I think he did but I've been saying it longer!   :laugh:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I think he did but I've been saying it longer!   :laugh:

Me too!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

Me too Roamer.  And evil will become good

That's right... Right before our eyes.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Didn't Chip Roy say he should just ignore these rulings?

If he did that he would surely be impeached, and he would not get a third of the Senate to stand with him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Bigun
@Cyber Liberty

I think that you (Bigun and Cyber) might enjoy looking this over.

N I N E  M E N  A G A I N S T  A M E R I C A

The Supreme Court and Its Attack on American Liberties

I would like to suggest that you look first at the two chapters below ... especially chapter 15.
(A must read for anyone who believes that John Roberts is the only jurist who has ever written law while on the SC!)

10. “CIVIL LIBERTIES”—FOR WHOM?

15. THE SUPREME COURT MAKES A LAW

http://sovereignstates.org/books/NMAA/NineMen_Contents.html

Great link!  It makes me sad to think this book was written in the year of my birth, meaning things were well and truly screwed since well before my arrival on this world.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
If he did that he would surely be impeached, and he would not get a third of the Senate to stand with him.

Sorry but I don't buy that for a second.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sorry but I don't buy that for a second.

I'm afraid I cannot agree with you there, old bean.  There are 535 politicians in the Legislative branch, and I can trust maybe five.  The rest would flip on Trump in a heartbeat if their cocktail party invites were in the balance.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I'm afraid I cannot agree with you there, old bean.  There are 535 politicians in the Legislative branch, and I can trust maybe five.  The rest would flip on Trump in a heartbeat if their cocktail party invites were in the balance.   :shrug:

I'm cynical but not quite that cynical.  Not yet anyway.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm cynical but not quite that cynical.  Not yet anyway.

:beer: :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

You are slightly more cynical than I am....  I always say you can count them on two hands....  you only need one hand!!

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

You are slightly more cynical than I am....  I always say you can count them on two hands....  you only need one hand!!

I can count them on one hand, and still have a finger left over for the rest.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That's why I say five.  I need that other hand for...other things. :cool:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's right... Right before our eyes.
About 20 yeears ago I noticed that folks were choosing sides, or at least that became more obvious to me. When Obama was elected, I didn't need to see the poll results, I just felt that something was seriously wrong. Make of that what you will, but it really hasn't been 'right' or felt that way since. This nation is on a bad road, no matter how pretty the view out the window.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
About 20 yeears ago I noticed that folks were choosing sides, or at least that became more obvious to me. When Obama was elected, I didn't need to see the poll results, I just felt that something was seriously wrong. Make of that what you will, but it really hasn't been 'right' or felt that way since. This nation is on a bad road, no matter how pretty the view out the window.

In my lifetime the downward plunge started with the assassination of JFK and think what you will, Lee Harvey Oswald was just what he said he was.  A patsy.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

Yeah, I get it. Bad Moon Rising. I've had it on my skin long before Obummer...
I have smelled it in the air a long time.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Absolutely true.  And I suspect that some of those anti-Trump Republicans/conservatives who are urging him to do so know that's exactly what would happen.  They'd urge him to defy the courts, and then support impeachment and conviction if he actually did.

More importantly, some folks are forgetting that it isn't Trump himself who would have to act in defiance of a judge's order.  It would be ordinary, rank and file federal employees who would have to execute those Trump's instructions and defy a court order.  And I think a lot of them would refuse to do that simply because they were scared.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 04:55:54 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Looks like they think their jurisdiction is anything federal, i.e. anything.  But, apparently they all feel that they each can rule on everything regardless of how another federal judge has ruled.
Which means that all one has to do is go shopping around for a judge who will counter rule against ANY other judge.

Think about it.  There are 673 federal district judges out there.  672 of them could offer an opinion that is similar.  But the very last one could rule against the other 672 and his would be the final authority.  And that is nationwide.

If that is not idiotic law decisions by judicial, I do not know what is.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 12:29:02 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Why would you believe that part?

A federal judge which attempts to impose a nationalwide edict or who declares he has the authority to control our Commander in Chief in matters related to national security or defense is clearly operating outside Constitutional authority. Since ignoring those rulings would not be unconstitutional, what ground swould there be on removal from office?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

Yeah, I get it. Bad Moon Rising. I've had it on my skin long before Obummer...
I have smelled it in the air a long time.
Oh, yeah, I sensed it before then. I didn't buy into the whole hippy drug scene, and a lot of what went with it. It's just that when that election went down, which I had figured Hillary to be the Dem contender (evil enough, that), something/one displaced her. Whoa. It's like realizing there is another layer to that, and since I have realized there are more beyond them.
@Bigun
As far as Oswald went, yeah, I think he was a patsy, too, and frankly, I think Tim McVeigh was, too--or at least a fall guy, but not the mastermind--as have been many others, usually dead at the scene.

Those strings are being pulled at a different level.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 08:11:18 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

A federal judge which attempts to impose a nationalwide edict or who declares he has the authority to control our Commander in Chief in matters related to national security or defense is clearly operating outside Constitutional authority. Since ignoring those rulings would not be unconstitutional, what ground swould there be on removal from office?
Oh, like the one who ruled Alabama had to go against its State Constitution? (Circuit Court judge)

C S Lewis

Bill Cipher

Hardly. 

Hardly.
Good, you are with me that ignoring the court is hardly a case of unconstitutional behavior.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

There are enough LIVs who don't have our knowledge of the Constitution who believe he will have violated it by ignoring the Judges.  The Rats will find demagoging the issue easy pickings, and that would be enough to pressure the Senate into convicting.  Bye, bye President Trump, hello a new round of trying to jail him.
I will NOT comply.

There are enough LIVs who don't have our knowledge of the Constitution who believe he will have violated it by ignoring the Judges.  The Rats will find demagoging the issue easy pickings, and that would be enough to pressure the Senate into convicting.  Bye, bye President Trump, hello a new round of trying to jail him.
Right, those are partisan political grounds only, nothing to do with what the Constitution dictates.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Right, those are partisan political grounds only, nothing to do with what the Constitution dictates.

Precisely. 
I will NOT comply.