Author Topic: Byron York: Confused performance by Mueller raises questions about handling of investigation  (Read 240 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Byron York: Confused performance by Mueller raises questions about handling of investigation
by Byron York
 | July 24, 2019 11:14 AM

It took just minutes for Robert Mueller's testimony before the House Judiciary Committee to turn into a painful exercise when it became clear the 74 year-old special counsel had difficulty handling the questions posed to him about his long, complex investigation into the Trump-Russia affair.

Mueller was slow to react to questions. He frequently asked for questions to be repeated. He sometimes appeared confused. He did not appear to be conversant with some issues in the investigation. He did not, or could not, put together detailed answers even to those questions he agreed to address.

Reporters who have covered Mueller for years saw differences from his appearances in the past. "I haven't seen a performance quite like this from Mueller," the New York Times' Noah Weiland said in an online discussion. "In 12 years as FBI director, he gave plenty of clipped responses. But more often than not he was more rhetorically agile than anyone on the committees that were questioning him. And there was rarely a time when he even paused for a second after a question was asked. There was little searching in his eyes for answers. He rarely looked at notes."

That was the Mueller of years ago. On Wednesday, Mueller seemed incapable of engaging fully with the questions that were presented to him.

"This is delicate to say, but Mueller, whom I deeply respect, has not publicly testified before Congress in at least six years. And he does not appear as sharp as he was then."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/byron-york-confused-performance-by-mueller-raises-questions-about-handling-of-investigation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MajorClay

Time for him to do the honorable thing...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Time for him to do the honorable thing...

Tell the truth, the whole truth?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
As an old white guy, it seems the hand picked old white guy, chosen to do the dems' bidding, just publicly demonstrated that he had simply not been up to the job of conducting a fair, unbiased, complete investigation and reaching conclusion therefrom.

In the first days the public was told the iinvestigation would cover ALL thing having to do with RUSSIA.

Yet within weeks we learned that was FALSE.

WHEN WHEN WHEN Horowitz, Dunham, Huber?

FISA Steel dossier. "pridicate" for the entire frame up attempt?

I await remarks from Greg Jarret, Mark Levin, Joe, DiGenova, Nunes, and others well versed on the entire case, not the dems rehearsed planned show.

Three cheers for the outnumbered Republicans.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
As an old white guy, it seems the hand picked old white guy, chosen to do the dems' bidding, just publicly demonstrated that he had simply not been up to the job of conducting a fair, unbiased, complete investigation and reaching conclusion therefrom.

In the first days the public was told the iinvestigation would cover ALL thing having to do with RUSSIA.

Yet within weeks we learned that was FALSE.

WHEN WHEN WHEN Horowitz, Dunham, Huber?

FISA Steel dossier. "pridicate" for the entire frame up attempt?

I await remarks from Greg Jarret, Mark Levin, Joe, DiGenova, Nunes, and others well versed on the entire case, not the dems rehearsed planned show.

Three cheers for the outnumbered Republicans.

I'm tired of listening to their remarks...  I await some INDICTMENTS from the Barr DOJ!!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm tired of listening to their remarks...  I await some INDICTMENTS from the Barr DOJ!!

Right there with you @EdJames
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Let's have another $40 million investigation to figure out where Mueller got lost.

Just kidding.  This is a travesty.  The Dems are imploding with this theater.  They bring nothing to the table.  We are down to one viable party, the communists have taken over the Dem Party.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Let's have another $40 million investigation to figure out where Mueller got lost.

Just kidding.  This is a travesty.  The Dems are imploding with this theater.  They bring nothing to the table.  We are down to one viable party, the communists have taken over the Dem Party.

True story.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
From what I can read he was quite zippy answering the Dem setup questions.

I can't completely tell whether he was caught off guard or tried to Clinton do a tricky dicky rope-a-dope against the Reps, but either way it came off like he was not in charge of the investigation.

And considering just how anti-Trump his team was, his failure to have command of the details on the stand was the perfect outcome to completely collapse the Dem narrative.

The Republic is lost.