Author Topic: Barr Upends Democrats Narrative On Mueller Testimony Instructions  (Read 307 times)

rangerrebew

Barr Upends Democrats Narrative On Mueller Testimony Instructions

Steve Straub By Steve Straub
Published July 23, 2019 at 12:03pm

Yesterday we learned that the DOJ instructed former Special Counsel Bob Mueller to not stray from the boundaries of his report during Congressional testimony scheduled for Wednesday.

As you might expect Democrats and their media allies went ballistic over this and claimed that the White House was interfering and trying to obstruct Mueller’s testimony.

Turns out Bob Mueller had requested that Attorney General Bill Barr issue guidance on his upcoming testimony, which completely destroys the Democrats narrative.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/barr-upends-democrats-narrative-mueller-testimony-instructions
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 11:28:03 am by rangerrebew »

Offline rustynail

Re: Barr Upends Democrats Narrative On Mueller Testimony Instructions
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 11:33:03 am »
Former Special Counsel Bob Mueller is not a DOJ employee and can say anything he wants 'issued guidance'
or not.
We will find out soon.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 11:40:07 am »
Former Special Counsel Bob Mueller is not a DOJ employee and can say anything he wants 'issued guidance'
or not.
We will find out soon.

What's most interesting in all of this is Mueller asked for these instruction.  I think he very much wants to stay within the parameters of the report.  Why he wants this will be the topic of many editorials to come.   happy77

@rustynail

Bill Cipher

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 12:02:21 pm »
or not.
We will find out soon.

Not so.  Even as a former employee he still has obligations with respect to matters he worked on.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 12:36:22 pm »
Those instructions empower Mueller to outright refuse to answer repub questions, while skirting the instructions with innuendo-laced responses to dem questions, most likely agreed upon in advance to do as much damage as possible.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 12:52:31 pm »
Geeez....  it sounds like they wheeled mueller in on hospital gurney.....  is that guy well?

:shrug:

Bill Cipher

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 12:54:45 pm »
Those instructions empower Mueller to outright refuse to answer repub questions, while skirting the instructions with innuendo-laced responses to dem questions, most likely agreed upon in advance to do as much damage as possible.

So Barr is now working against Trump, too?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 01:07:48 pm »
or not.
We will find out soon.

Your ethical/legal obligation to comply with restrictions on the dissemination of confidential or privileged information does not ed just because you are no longer employed.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 01:19:34 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 03:01:15 pm »
So Barr is now working against Trump, too?

Probably not intentionally but that seems like the most likely result considering that Mueller requested the instructions. The main advantage repubs might have had would be to probe the report's omissions and distortions. DOJ must have plenty of ammo but repubs always get outsmarted on these things anyway so I doubt if it will matter much.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA