Author Topic: Trump and congressional leaders announce critical debt and budget deal (debt ceiling raised AGAIN)  (Read 279 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/22/trump-congress-debt-budget-agreement-federal-default

Donald Trump and congressional leaders announced Monday that they had struck a critical debt and budget agreement. The deal amounts to an against-the-odds victory for Washington pragmatists seeking to avoid a politically dangerous tumult over the possibility of a government shutdown or the first-ever federal default.

The deal, announced by Trump on Twitter and in a statement by the Democratic House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, and the Senate Democratic leader, Chuck Schumer, will restore the government’s ability to borrow to pay its bills past next year’s elections and build upon recent large budget gains for the Pentagon and domestic agencies.

“I am pleased to announce that a deal has been struck,” Trump tweeted, saying there will be no “poison pills” added to follow-up legislation. “This was a real compromise in order to give another big victory to our Great Military and Vets!”

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Oh yeah a victory?  Sounds like Trump likes to spend as recklessly as Michael Jackson.  More social programs and spending on Illegal immigrants.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Oh yeah a victory?  Sounds like Trump likes to spend as recklessly as Michael Jackson.
@Chosen Daughter
The salient distinction: The King of Pop, unlike the King of Debt, spent his own money.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline LMAO

@Chosen Daughter
The salient distinction: The King of Pop, unlike the King of Debt, spent his own money.

And, if the King of Pop’s debt load became unmanageable, only he would’ve paid the consequences
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@Chosen Daughter

True that!  Which makes Trumps spending robbery of American citizens.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

True that!  Which makes Trumps spending robbery of American citizens.
@Chosen Daughter
The citizens were robbed even before President Tweety (or any other president or Congress) spent the money. The theft is called taxation.  wink777

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sorry kids, the budget war is lost and everyone is covered in turd on this, Dems and Reps alike.

So I guess politically I've done a tactical retreat and retrenched, and mainly see the GOP now as a something to block the Dems from power so that I don't have mass mob death squads at my door trying to kill me and burn down my house.

And if we're lucky, being completely overrun by illegals.
The Republic is lost.