Author Topic: House overwhelmingly OKs resolution opposing Israel boycott in rare bipartisan vote  (Read 206 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The House of Representatives overwhelmingly approved a bipartisan resolution Tuesday opposing an international effort to boycott Israel as Democrats try to tamp down increasingly heated political rhetoric over differences with the longtime U.S. ally.

The resolution passed on a vote of 398-17. Reps. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., were among the 16 Democrats who voted against the resolution. Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., was the only Republican to vote "no." Rep. Justin Amash, I-Mich., was one of five lawmakers who voted "present."

The resolution puts the House on record opposing the pro-Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement and its efforts to target U.S. companies that do business with Israel. The movement has grown in recent years, and Israel sees it as a threat. Supporters of Israel view it as an attempt to delegitimize the Jewish state.

Reps. Brad Schneider, D-Ill.; Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y.; Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y.; and Ann Wagner, R-Mo., had introduced the resolution in March.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/in-rare-bipartisan-vote-house-overwhelmingly-oks-resolution-in-support-of-israel
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I wonder why Massie voted against it?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I wonder why Massie voted against it?

Not sure why.  Thankfully he doesn't represent my district.  His district does however touch a little bit of Louisville as well as Lexington.  Neither the bastion of Conservatism in the Commonwealth.

What's even more confusing about his vote is that he gets a 98% Liberty Score from Conservative Review.  :pondering:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Not sure why.  Thankfully he doesn't represent my district.  His district does however touch a little bit of Louisville as well as Lexington.  Neither the bastion of Conservatism in the Commonwealth.

What's even more confusing about his vote is that he gets a 98% Liberty Score from Conservative Review.  :pondering:

Exactly.  Wonder what he is thinking?

Offline PeteS in CA

Those 17 plus the allegedly "Present" (Was he? Really?) Amash need to have their constituents grill them about their vote.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.