Author Topic: Designers eye artificial intelligence to improve helicopter Airborne Laser Mine Detection System (AL  (Read 161 times)

rangerrebew

Designers eye artificial intelligence to improve helicopter Airborne Laser Mine Detection System (ALMDS)

ALMDS enables shallow-water warships like the Navy's littoral combat ship (LCS) to operate at safe distances from mines with advanced warning.
Jul 23rd, 2019

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Navy is looking at ways to improve its now-operational airborne laser system designed to track enemy mines from low-flying helicopters and expand the surface area from which mine detection takes place -- and no longer rely purely on more narrowly configured, mechanized or towed mine detection systems. Kris Osborne at Warrior Maven reports. Continue reading original article

The Military & Aerospace Electronics take:

23 July 2019 -- The system, called Airborne Laser Mine Detection System (ALMDS), enables shallow-water warships such as the Navy's littoral combat ship (LCS) at safe distances from mines to give commanders greater advanced warning of mine-cluttered areas.

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/sensors/article/14036663/mine-detection-laser-artificial-intelligence