Author Topic: Democratic Presidential Clown Car Update for July 22, 2019  (Read 149 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Democratic Presidential Clown Car Update for July 22, 2019
« on: July 22, 2019, 11:17:20 pm »
Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog

The second debate field is set, Bernie Bernies Bernie, Beto plunders staff from even less successful campaigns, and Andrew Yang plots his conquest of Area 51.

It’s your Democratic Presidential Clown Car Update!

Polls

CBS/YouGov (early states): Biden 25, Warren 20, Harris 16, Sanders 15, Buttigieg 6, O’Rourke 4, Castro 2, Klobuchar 1, Booker 1, Yang 1, Steyer 1, Gabbard 1, Hickenlooper 1, Bullock 1. This is the summary, but dig deeper if you want individual numbers on Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, California, and Texas (a little far out for “early,” but its inclusion explains why O’Rourke gives the illusion of viability here)
Economist/YouGov (page 119): Biden 23, Warren 15, Sanders 13, Harris 10, Buttigieg 7, Booker 3, de Blasio 2, O’Rourke 2, Bullock 1, Castro 1, Gabbard 1, Klobuchar 1, Steyer 1, Yang 1.
Quinnipiac (California): Harris 23, Biden 21, Sanders 18, Warren 16, Buttigieg 3, Yang 2, Booker 1, Castro 1, Inslee 1. 519 voters polled. I think this is the first poll where Harris beats Biden in her home state----

Steyer just jumped into the race, and Sestak’s campaign didn’t file his FEC organizing papers until July 1st, so no Q2 numbers for them.

538 has a lot of analysis of the fundraising numbers, but not, alas, handy links straight to the actual Q2 reports for lazy efficient bloggers to use. Yang and Williamson have the highest burn rates in the field.

For sake of comparison, President Donald Trump raised $105 million for his reelection campaign.

Pundits, etc.

The line-ups for the second debate are set:

July 30: Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg, O’Rourke, Klobuchar, Hickenlooper, Williamson, Bullock, Delaney, Ryan.
    July 31: Biden, Harris, Booker, Castro, Yang, Inslee, Gabbard, Gillibrand, de Blasio, Bennet. If I were of a conspiratorial mindset, I’d say that CNN, deep in the tank for Harris, wants to give Harris another shot at Biden.

Not making the cut: Moulton, Gravel and Messam (all of who also missed the second debate) and late entries Steyer and Sestak. I’m guessing all those but Steyer will miss the third debate, too… (Hat tip: The Other McCain.)
Daniel Greenfield looks at Democratic fundraising details to see who the candidates actually represent:

The 2020 race is all about touting the democracy of small donors with a 130,000 donor threshold for the third Democrat debate. But certain zip codes keep coming up for the top Democrat candidates. The 100XX zip codes of Manhattan, the 90XXX zip codes of Los Angeles, the 94XXX zip codes of San Francisco, the 98XXX zip codes of Seattle, the 20XXX zip codes of D.C. and the 02XXX zip codes of Boston.

More: https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=41178

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Democratic Presidential Clown Car Update for July 22, 2019
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 11:32:41 pm »
thanx