Author Topic: Trump offers to meet Schumer asap, help him get up to speed on border crisis he’s just now seeing  (Read 315 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump offers to meet Schumer asap, help him get up to speed on border crisis he’s just now seeing
July 22, 2019 | Tom Tillison

President Donald Trump took advantage of Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer “finally” visiting the southern border to say he will “set up a meeting ASAP” with the Democratic senator from New York.

Taking to social media to make the announcement, the president also drew attention to a “large group of illegal immigrants” rushing Border Patrol agents in an attempt to force their way into the country, noting that some agents were “badly injured.”

“Senator Chuck Schumer has finally gone to the Southern Border with some Democrat Senators. This is a GREAT thing!” Trump said in a pair of tweets. “Nearby, he missed a large group of Illegal Immigrants trying to enter the USA illegally. They wildly rushed Border Patrol. Some Agents were badly injured….

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/07/22/trump-offers-to-meet-schumer-asap-help-him-get-up-to-speed-on-border-crisis-hes-just-now-seeing-777215
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Why would Schumer meet with the least informed man in America, when he can just turn on Fox to be misinformed directly?

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Why would Schumer meet with the least informed man in America, when he can just turn on Fox to be misinformed directly?

Well, I can at least say you didn't disappoint.  I clicked on your post to override ignore, wondering if even you could find some way to spin this negatively, and so read your post.  100% snark and no substance, so if that's what you were aiming for, mission accomplished!

Well, I can at least say you didn't disappoint.  I clicked on your post to override ignore, wondering if even you could find some way to spin this negatively, and so read your post.  100% snark and no substance, so if that's what you were aiming for, mission accomplished!
I doubt I will ever provide a good reason for you to leave your safe space.

Offline bilo

President Donald Trump took advantage of Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer “finally” visiting the southern border to say he will “set up a meeting ASAP” with the Democratic senator from New York.

I love it!

Trump is pretty smart. If Schumer meets with him and doesn't offer any real solutions Trump will publicly say so. If Schumer tries to be too clever by half by offering real solutions with poison pills included Trump will say so. IOW, I doubt Schumer will meet with Trump and the Rats will give one more talking point to Trump on the campaign trail.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

I love it!

Trump is pretty smart. If Schumer meets with him and doesn't offer any real solutions Trump will publicly say so. If Schumer tries to be too clever by half by offering real solutions with poison pills included Trump will say so. IOW, I doubt Schumer will meet with Trump and the Rats will give one more talking point to Trump on the campaign trail.

That only happens if you believe, or can understand, the things the President says.   

Offline libertybele

I love it!

??Talk is cheap and it doesn't matter if Trump relays that Schumer refuses to budge; that's been known.  What people are hoping for is Trump's ability to make some kind of negotiation that favors border security without selling out.  Keep in mind that Schumer went down to the border because he wanted to see the poor conditions that the Trump administration has inflicted upon the poor illegals.  He's there to ridicule and hold Trump responsible for the debacle that the DEMS have created due to their lack of funding and their unwillingness to help secure the broder.

To think that Trump is going to come out of this looking good is a pipe dream.  At best Schumer will make accusations against the GOP.  He's not going to hand Trump any resolutions, nor is he in any way going to assist with a wall or border security.

The last thing the DEMS want is for Trump to succeed at the border which would almost guarantee him a victory in 2020.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

Because whether or not you and I like Trump, Trump is the man with whom Schumer must seek to find consensus if he can even *appear* to be working in good faith.

I could just as easily ask why would Trump meet with the Senate leader of a power-mad criminal syndicate masquerading as a political party?
James 1:20

Because whether or not you and I like Trump, Trump is the man with whom Schumer must seek to find consensus if he can even *appear* to be working in good faith.

That's a good point.  Quite honestly I'm not expecting even a pretense of co-operation.  I don't think either party will reward the leadership for working together.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
That's a good point.  Quite honestly I'm not expecting even a pretense of co-operation.  I don't think either party will reward the leadership for working together.

Thanks @Once-Ler.  Your point is well made also - even the pretense of cooperation might be off the table.  I'm suggesting that the pretense still must be maintained, at least momentarily, but you could be correct.
James 1:20

Thanks @Once-Ler.  Your point is well made also - even the pretense of cooperation might be off the table.  I'm suggesting that the pretense still must be maintained, at least momentarily, but you could be correct.
@HoustonSam I agree even insincere decorum is preferable to me than open warfare on both sides.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 11:31:07 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Trump must have promised him something.  But I doubt anything they negotiate will actually do something.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Trump continues to allow this endless flood into the USA, he can kiss 2020 goodbye.

CLOSE THE DAMN BORDER TO ALL EXCEPT THOSE FOR COMMERCE AND THOSE WITH THE PROPER DOCUMENTS TO ENTER THE USA!  WHAT A WEAK SISTER!