Author Topic: Rep. Cummings on the 'Squad': 'These Are Some of the Most Brilliant Young People That I Have Met'  (Read 342 times)

rangerrebew

Rep. Cummings on the 'Squad': 'These Are Some of the Most Brilliant Young People That I Have Met'

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, on Sunday objected to President Trump's latest tweet about four freshmen congresswomen.

Cummings called them "some of the most brilliant young people that I have met."

On Sunday morning, President Trump tweeted:

I don’t believe the four Congresswomen are capable of loving our Country. They should apologize to America (and Israel) for the horrible (hateful) things they have said. They are destroying the Democrat Party, but are weak & insecure people who can never destroy our great Nation!

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/rep-cummings-squad-these-are-some-most-brilliant-young-people-i-have-met

Bill Cipher

rangerrebew

If this is true, he must have met nothing but dumbasses the rest of his life. :tongue2:

Bill Cipher

If this is true, he must have met nothing but dumbasses the rest of his life. :tongue2:

Well, he does hang exclusively with democrats.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

They're ill-informed, lacking perspective.  The Coven is a media creation.  They are spewing out the crap the media has spoon fed them their whole lives --- and the media, in turn, is lapping it up.  It's going to be tough to break this cycle.

Offline The_Reader_David

:bigsilly:

Don't laugh so hard.  You're forgetting Orwell's comment that there are some ideas that are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online mountaineer

He did mildly criticize their tactics, though, but even Snuffleuffagus spotted his hypocrisy:
... Cummings said he's told the four freshmen "they can say the things they have to say, but they got to say it in a different way.

"There's a way of saying things," Cummings said. "You'll never hear me -- you'll rarely hear me say the word racist. You -- you will never hear me call somebody a liar, for example. And the reason why I don't is that -- is I know how people take things. They then -- they get so caught up in the tone or in the language that they don't even hear the message."

Stephanopoulos noted that just minutes earlier, Cummings did indeed call Trump a "racist."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Don't laugh so hard.  You're forgetting Orwell's comment that there are some ideas that are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them.

Speaking of Orwell, there should be no doubt that the Dems are using 1984 as a playbook.  Re-writing the past to control the present.  Controlling the present to write the future.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Here's an example of how they smart they are.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Speaking of Orwell, there should be no doubt that the Dems are using 1984 as a playbook.  Re-writing the past to control the present.  Controlling the present to write the future. 

It sure does.

Offline Hoodat

Here's an example of how they smart they are.

Who is John Galt?

This nightmare is coming to a neighborhood school near you.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LottieDah

Sounds like Rep. Cummings wants to "tap" that squad.