Author Topic: As a former member of an American cult, I know why so many white Christian women fervently support T  (Read 761 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/trump-supporters-women-christian-white-cult-brett-kavanaugh-straight-inc-mel-sembler-a8653881.html

TL;DR version: Author spent over a year in reform school as a teen which she considered a cult. Claims 80% of women have been sexually assaulted. Finds it mind-blowing that anyone could ever conclude people like Blasey Ford are lying.

Ultimately concludes that they're brainwashed by Christianity and Fox News, which are conspiring to convince everyone that people of color are an enemy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, she obviously knows a lot about "fervor."  *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Well, she obviously knows a lot about "fervor."  *****rollingeyes*****
The thing that amuses me most:

She already admitted she was kind of messed up before the "cult." Then a woman drew her into public school teaching. I've seen what teacher education does to women. It's as much of a cult as any other.

With apologies to the public school teachers on this forum. The younger they are, the more indoctrinated they tend to be.

Offline PeteS in CA

I looked around her website briefly but didn't see anything about where she grew up. And W'pedia has nothing on her. But taking what she said toward the beginning of her article at face value, she could have been referring to Synanon, which was a "drug treatment program" that really was an abusive and even violent cult. But whether it was Synanon or something else similarly ugly, it's among the last places to gain even slight understanding of Christian believers. She needs to dispose of her copy of Handmaid's Tale and spend a year or two at an Evangelical church - Libs'/Progs' usual bogeyman - with mouth closed and ears and eyes open ... mind, too, if possible.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

I looked around her website briefly but didn't see anything about where she grew up.

Monroe, CT
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I looked around her website briefly but didn't see anything about where she grew up. And W'pedia has nothing on her. But taking what she said toward the beginning of her article at face value, she could have been referring to Synanon, which was a "drug treatment program" that really was an abusive and even violent cult. But whether it was Synanon or something else similarly ugly, it's among the last places to gain even slight understanding of Christian believers. She needs to dispose of her copy of Handmaid's Tale and spend a year or two at an Evangelical church - Libs'/Progs' usual bogeyman - with mouth closed and ears and eyes open ... mind, too, if possible.

When I read the first few graphs, I recognized a full-blown case of TDS, and a mind that ain't open to shit.  A wastoid.  Well beyond the most Never of the resident Nevers on TBR.  Not that there's anything wrong with that....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/trump-supporters-women-christian-white-cult-brett-kavanaugh-straight-inc-mel-sembler-a8653881.html

TL;DR version: Author spent over a year in reform school as a teen which she considered a cult. Claims 80% of women have been sexually assaulted. Finds it mind-blowing that anyone could ever conclude people like Blasey Ford are lying.

Ultimately concludes that they're brainwashed by Christianity and Fox News, which are conspiring to convince everyone that people of color are an enemy.

@jmyrlefuller

This is what happens when your mother takes acid while pregnant with you,and often drops you on your head when you are a baby.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

The writer does what  many people on one side wishing to prove people on the other side are brainwashed or evil. She assumes all American women who vote Republican are members of religious cults or controlled by their husbands. No conservative women have analyzed the political situation and made a choice. 
The comments below the article are skeptical as well.  Some ask her how she can assume that her past is the same as many millions of American women.   
The idea that all conservative women who voted for Trump are robots overlooking Trump's past dealings with women is a thought she doesn't give to all the liberal women who voted for Bill Clinton.
The "facts" she throws out about 80% of all American women being sexually assaulted or "harassed"  then comes down to some male at the office complimented some woman on her clothes which constitutes harassment in the minds of femi-nazis. That idea is in line with the claim that one in five college coeds are sexually assaulted.  Would sane parents send their daughters to colleges where they knew there was a strong chance she'd be sexually assaulted on campus? Highly doubtful.
Obviously, this woman can't be taken seriously.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
It's amazing how they keep repeating the same talking points all the time. Sometimes they don't even seem to try critical thinking  : "Criticizing journalists and the news media is dangerous.  Fox News is evil and dangerous"
Countdown to Resignation

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I guess the author will announce her candidacy for the Democrat nomination for the Presidency, and join the 24 other distinctly dysfunctional individuals in the clown car.

She is a product of

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

It's amazing how they keep repeating the same talking points all the time. Sometimes they don't even seem to try critical thinking

I have yet to meet a liberal who is capable of critical thought.  And believe me, I have tried really hard to find one.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-