Author Topic: 'Very substantial evidence' Trump is 'guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors,' House Judiciary Chair  (Read 267 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Very substantial evidence' Trump is 'guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors,' House Judiciary Chair says

By Kate Sullivan, CNN

Updated 2:24 PM ET, Sun July 21, 2019

Washington (CNN)House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler on Sunday said Robert Mueller's report presents "very substantial evidence" that President Donald Trump is "guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors" -- an impeachable offense.

"We have to ... let Mueller present those facts to the American people, and then see where we go from there, because the administration must be held accountable," Nadler, whose committee would lead impeachment proceedings, said on "Fox News Sunday."

Mueller, the former special counsel for the Department of Justice and former director of the FBI, will testify before Congress on July 24 after House Democrats issued a subpoena for his appearance. Earlier this year, Mueller concluded a nearly two-year-long investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

more
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/21/politics/mueller-investigation-nadler-says-evidence-trump-guilty-high-crimes-misdemeanors/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

No, it doesn’t.  It presents weak evidence that might justify a jury finding him guilty of obstruction, i emphasize might, and that is about it.

Besides which, as we know from Clinton, minor obstructive acts, like perjury, are not a sound basis for impeachment, standing alone.   

Offline libertybele

No, it doesn’t.  It presents weak evidence that might justify a jury finding him guilty of obstruction, i emphasize might, and that is about it.

Besides which, as we know from Clinton, minor obstructive acts, like perjury, are not a sound basis for impeachment, standing alone.

The Clintons are untouchable; I don't think Trump is that insulated.  IF the DEMS find anything that even resembles an impeachable offense, they will vote to impeach him.  I still question the supposed safety net of the Senate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

goopo

Bill Cipher

The Clintons are untouchable; I don't think Trump is that insulated.  IF the DEMS find anything that even resembles an impeachable offense, they will vote to impeach him.  I still question the supposed safety net of the Senate.

Bill Clinton wasn’t untouchable when he was impeached.  He just wasn’t convicted, mainly because what he did wasn’t worthy of the clause “high crimes and misdemeanors.”

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Bill Clinton wasn’t untouchable when he was impeached.  He just wasn’t convicted, mainly because what he did wasn’t worthy of the clause “high crimes and misdemeanors.”
He's not untouchable now...except for the fact that nobody wants to touch him.

https://qz.com/1182889/bill-clintons-declining-legacy-monica-lewinsky-impeachment-metoo-and-trump/

But lately, Clinton’s scent seems to be turning fetid. For the first time since he left office in 2001, more Americans view Clinton unfavorably than do favorably. After peaking at 69% in 2013, Clinton’s favorability rating has slumped to 45%. This trend is unusual among retired presidents. Most can count on nostalgia to sanctify even the most benighted tenure; even the once heinously unpopular George W. Bush enjoyed favorability ratings of 59% as of late 2016.

Of course that's not due to impeachment but rather the "me too" movement, still it's nice to see the guy who needed everyone to like him get his reward for being a sexual predator.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Consider the source of this "article"...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Consider the source of this "article"...
So Nadler didn't say it? *****rollingeyes*****