Author Topic: Cruz and Cassidy file Resolution to designate Antifa as Domestic Terrorist Organization  (Read 675 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Cruz and Cassidy file Resolution to designate Antifa as Domestic Terrorist Organization

Jul. 19, 2019

https://www.cassidy.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/KAT19105.pdf

Sen. Cruz tweeted about this. (maybe he will grow to become a mad tweeter, and perhaps President too, one day)
It is nice to see some activity on this outrage. The measure cites journalist Andy Ngo,
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
When Trump saw the anti-American antics by the dem's "squad" he "figuratively" saw it like free money laying on the table.

He picked up the free money, turned to Cruz and Cassidy, and said "Hold my beer."

Next thing, Trump issued forth his now weell known Twitter flurry, which hopefully framed the next election, favorably for himself and for Republicans.

He walked back over to Cruz and Cassicy, and said

"look at that Antifa free money laying on the table? Now you try."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Long overdue.  Not just Antifa, but they should make it a terrorist crime to conceal one's face and become violent while demonstrating.  If you focus just on Antifa, they change their name over night.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

2 Republican senators introduce resolution to label antifa as domestic terrorists
The Hill, Jul 21, 2019

Sens. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) and Ted Cruz (R-Texas) have introduced a nonbinding resolution that would label antifascist activists known as antifa as “domestic terrorists,” according to the Washington Post.

“Antifa are terrorists, violent masked bullies who ‘fight fascism’ with actual fascism, protected by Liberal privilege,” Cassidy said in a statement. “Bullies get their way until someone says no. Elected officials must have courage, not cowardice, to prevent terror.”

While there is no specific crime called “domestic terrorism,” applying such a designation allows law enforcement to look into a suspect’s known associates and affiliations.

While conservatives and centrists have long blasted antifa activists, who have been involved in street brawls with right-wing groups and left conservative journalist Andy Ngo bloodied in Portland, Ore., last month, critics of the measure have cited antifa’s lack of a formal organizational structure and said this could open the door to overly-broad enforcement, according to the Post.

More:  https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/454038-2-republican-senators-introduce-resolution-to-label-antifa-as-domestic

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Defined:

(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States; and

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2331

Interestingly, the DOJ nor the FBI do not officially (or publicly) name domestic terrorist organizations.

Seem to me, Mr. Barr, that that ought to change...

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
About damned time.

States should pass laws making it illegal to cover your face when participating in any legal and Constitutionally-protected assembly.

Muslims will cry Islamophobia, but f#ck them.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Long overdue.  Not just Antifa, but they should make it a terrorist crime to conceal one's face and become violent while demonstrating.  If you focus just on Antifa, they change their name over night.

Yep, and the squad still loves them.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mod5

Topics merged.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

About damned time.

States should pass laws making it illegal to cover your face when participating in any legal and Constitutionally-protected assembly.

Trumpbots hate Batman

Bill Cipher

About damned time.

Muslims will cry Islamophobia, but f#ck them.

Why?  Does that mean groups, such as political action committees, should be required to make their donor lists public?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Antifa has an absolute right to exist.

However...

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Showing up with their faces covered, carrying bats, "milkshakes" and shields broadcasts an intent to do something other than that "peaceably to assemble" caveat in the Constitution.

No Amendment protects rioting or using violence and the destruction of other people's property and goods. So I see no Constitutional issue with passing a law making it a crime to wear a mask during any or carrying weapons of any kind.

It is simply a sign of the times that 1) it hadn't already be done, or 2) that there's any doubt about the need to immediately do it.

#UnMaskAntifa
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Trumpbots hate Batman

Or maybe they just understand the difference between comic books and real life way better than others.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Or maybe they just understand the difference between comic books and real life way better than others.
Why so serious?