Author Topic: Trump called out by some Christians for using ‘Lord’s name in vain’ at fiery NC rally  (Read 495 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump called out by some Christians for using ‘Lord’s name in vain’ at fiery NC rally

By Mark Price
July 18, 2019 05:42 PM, Updated 1 hour 20 minutes ago

The controversial “send her back” crowd chant at President Donald Trump’s North Carolina rally may have gotten all the headlines, but some Christians are grumbling over something most of the media completely ignored.

Trump cursed, and it was not just a few vulgarities. He took the Lord’s name in vain.

Twice.

One state senator in West Virginia was so offended that he sent a letter of rebuke to the White House Thursday, pointing out Trump’s ”terrible choice of words“ during the Greenville rally.

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article232848697.html#storylink=cpy

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Yeah well, shit happens....  I'm pretty sure that it was just a slip on his part....  in that he wasn't damning God or calling on God to do any damning....

:shrug:

Edit: bad typo......  sigh

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 10:27:17 pm by EdJames »

Offline libertybele

Yeah well, shit happens....  I'm pretty sure that it was just a slip on his part....  in that he was damning God or calling on God to do any damning....

:shrug:

Sorry.  Yes, things happen, but using the Lord's name in vain during a huge rally like that; not cool.  I would have found it offensive as well, certainly more so than the send her back comments.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

But, but, butt... Cyrus...

Ahh, never fear.. the Christians and Christian organizations that were willing to endorse this clown have sucked up enough slop at the trough, that they can't ever back up. They have so compromised themselves that they will quickly find new justification.

Offline PeteS in CA

Maybe I'm culturally out of touch out here on the West Coast, but as tempests-in-a-teapot go, that teapot looks doll-house size to me.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Sorry.  Yes, things happen, but using the Lord's name in vain during a huge rally like that; not cool.  I would have found it offensive as well, certainly more so than the send her back comments.

He's done it before too.  I never believed the sorry excuse that Christians were putting out there about we aren't voting for a Pastor.  What exactly do we pray for if it isn't leaders that look to the Word to shape their decisions.  I am not saying forcing religion on people but using righteous Wisdom to make difficult decisions.  Don't we always say lean not on our own understanding?  As Christians know we go wrong if we don't allow God to direct our ways. 

As I said I am not talking about ruling by the Bible.  We have a Constitution that guarantee's freedom of religion.  But choosing people with obvious moral flaws is like being blown too and froe in the wind.  God has so many good life rules that make good leaders.  I would get in trouble if I post scriptures but those who are Christians know that God has warnings about our tongues.  Trump would have done well to know them.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

He's done it before too.  I never believed the sorry excuse that Christians were putting out there about we aren't voting for a Pastor.  What exactly do we pray for if it isn't leaders that look to the Word to shape their decisions.  I am not saying forcing religion on people but using righteous Wisdom to make difficult decisions.  Don't we always say lean not on our own understanding?  As Christians know we go wrong if we don't allow God to direct our ways. 

As I said I am not talking about ruling by the Bible.  We have a Constitution that guarantee's freedom of religion.  But choosing people with obvious moral flaws is like being blown too and froe in the wind.  God has so many good life rules that make good leaders.  I would get in trouble if I post scriptures but those who are Christians know that God has warnings about our tongues.  Trump would have done well to know them.

I reflect back on when Falwell decided to back Trump instead of Cruz.  I was stunned.  It seemed that the rest of the 'Christian' leadership followed Falwell. I still cannot understand their rationale.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Good Trump, bad Trump again like Santorum says but Trump's crowd includes Gov. Huckabee, big Evangelist and of course Hagee and Jay Sekulow. Others too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Good Trump, bad Trump again like Santorum says but Trump's crowd includes Gov. Huckabee, big Evangelist and of course Hagee and Jay Sekulow. Others too.

Hagee disgusts me.  That guy doesn't think that Jews need to be saved.  I guess he missed all the conversions in the New Testament.  To the Jews first and also to the Greek.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 01:12:13 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online roamer_1

HEAR HEAR!

While I am less effected by language - what 'swear words' are is different here and there... There is admonition against using rough speech - While that is a bit subjective, I am sure it applies.

And while the idea of 'taking his name in vain' is widely misunderstood in the Christian world...
There is definitive language in the Bible that says we are not to damn anything or anyone - That is above our pay-grade.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 01:13:36 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Chosen Daughter

HEAR HEAR!

While I am less effected by language - what 'swear words' are is different here and there... There is admonition against using rough speech - While that is a bit subjective, I am sure it applies.

And while the idea of 'taking his name in vain' is widely misunderstood in the Christian world...
There is definitive language in the Bible that says we are not to damn anything or anyone - That is above our pay-grade.

Amen

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It could have gone either way, we know Cruz's campaign was pulling a dirty trick in about every single state. That made me drop Cruz as I was dissapointed by the campaign  but I would support whomever the candidate, the nominee, was.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 01:29:39 am by TomSea »

Offline corbe

I reflect back on when Falwell decided to back Trump instead of Cruz.  I was stunned.  It seemed that the rest of the 'Christian' leadership followed Falwell. I still cannot understand their rationale.

Falwell had already promised Cruz's Father that an endorsement was coming, Cruz started his campaign at their University, Alas, he was paid off at the last minute and endorsed Trump.  He's a Chancellor not a Preacher.
   I posted a 'credible' article about that, it seems, or perhaps just read it somewhere else, recently.

@libertybele
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

It could have gone either way, we know Cruz's campaign was pulling a dirty trick in about every single state. That made me drop Cruz as I was dissapointed by the campaign  but I would support whomever the candidate, the nominee, was.

@TomSea You and I agree to disagree on the shenanigans of the Cruz Campaign but unlike You I refused to back the Nominee and denying a Floor Vote at the Convention sealed it for me. 
   Trump bought the GOP lock, stock and barrel, Good Luck.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.