Author Topic: On Jeffrey Epstein and a New Yorker attack on me: This is my defense Alan Dershowitz  (Read 155 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The election of Donald Trump has pulled American debate away from objectivity and turned publications into actors in a political battle. After Donald Trump’s election, the New Yorker magazine lost no time nailing its colors to the anti-Trump mast.

David Remnick, its editor, lamented that Obama – a ‘man of integrity, dignity, and generous spirit’ – was being supplanted by ‘vulgarity unbounded, a knowledge-free national leader’ who would ‘set markets tumbling’, ‘strike fear into the hearts of the vulnerable, the weak’ etc. This set the tone for the magazine’s subsequent reporting.

Those sympathetic to Trump are treated in the same way – as I have found out. I’m an Emeritus Harvard law professor and have spent much of my life speaking up for civil liberties. I have defended the rights of President Trump while disagreeing with many of his policies. I have also defended Prime Minister Netanyahu and the state of Israel. I was not an admirer of the conduct of the Mueller inquiry into Donald Trump. My allegiance is to the law and the constitution: I apply what I call the shoe-on-the-other-foot test. If Hillary Clinton were being investigated and the FBI raided her lawyer’s office – as it did Trump’s lawyer’s office – then there would be uproar. Rightly so. Everyone, in our system, is entitled to basic protections.

more
https://spectator.us/alan-dershowitz-epstein-new-yorker-story/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34