Author Topic: Warren introduces bill targeted at food insecurity on college campuses  (Read 610 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Warren introduces bill targeted at food insecurity on college campuses
By Chris Mills Rodrigo - 07/17/19 01:00 PM EDT

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Rep. Al Lawson (D-Fl.) introduced legislation Wednesday to tackle food insecurity on college campuses.

The College Student Hunger Act would enable more low-income college students to access the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and increase awareness of the program.

“As more and more students struggle to afford college and take on a mountain of student loan debt, nearly one-in-three college students cannot even afford basic necessities like food,” Warren, a presidential candidate, said in a statement.

“Our bill will ensure students have the support they need to work toward a better future without going hungry.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/453509-warren-introduces-bill-targeted-at-food-insecurity-on-college-campuses
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Oh good grief.  Both of our kids went through college and they had a 'meal program' which allowed them to access the school cafeteria or there were plenty of little cafes on campus such as Subway, Burger King, Pizza (of some sort) as well as vending machines.  Most dorms and certainly apartments come with some type of kitchen.

Ramen noodles anyone?  Beans and rice?  Dollar store?  Work in the school cafeteria?

If a kid on campus can't fanagle some sort of food every day, then they're not to bright and I'm surprised they made it into college.

BTW both of my kids had part-time jobs to help with expenses.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 06:01:22 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Can't afford food?   Get a friggin' job!    I managed to graduate cum laude while working as a dishwasher.   Of course,  I didn't use the money on food,  just girls and jazz records.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Maybe if they wouldn't keep banning Chick-fil-a from opening a store on campus... :shrug:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

Can't afford food?   Get a friggin' job!    I managed to graduate cum laude while working as a dishwasher.   Of course,  I didn't use the money on food,  just girls and jazz records.

Good for you!!  It can be done.  I'm sick of the millennial whining and belly aching  My kids worked in high school and saved so that they would have some pocket money until they found a job when they entered college.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

Isn't this a conflict of interest since her husband works for a university that stands to gain financially from an influx of federal tax dollars?  Wasn't she just lecturing a former defense contractor about such conflicts?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Isn't this a conflict of interest since her husband works for a university that stands to gain financially from an influx of federal tax dollars?  Wasn't she just lecturing a former defense contractor about such conflicts?

He's a professor @ Harvard and has a Ph.D in Legal History.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Fuc#ing great.

If I keep absorbing the cost of other people's kids going to college, I'm going to be forced to pull mine out.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Fuc#ing great.

If I keep absorbing the cost of other people's kids going to college, I'm going to be forced to pull mine out.

....your kids out of college, we're talking about right?    :silly:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
 :silly: :silly: :silly:
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Hoodat

It certainly isn't the government. Once in, it stays in.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Next she'll call for Michelle 0bama to dictate the menus.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

:yowsa:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Well played sir.  Well played.  888high58888
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
This is the problem with the fools in Congress.  Addressing non issues, or at best issues that should be so low on the totem pole, that they never get looked at.

Our country is being invaded endlessly, and this fool worries about college students eating.  What a dumb jack*ss.  She is a fine example of what is wrong with Washington.  Ninkinpoops, one and all.

Online corbe

Warren on the Warpath Against Trump-Era Federal Employees

To get a boost in the polls, Warren pledges to hunt down federal agents on illegal immigrant duty.

By: Sarah Cowgill |  July 17, 2019

After an offer for American taxpayers to pick up the tab on all student loan debt fizzled and failed to dramatically boost Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) in the polls, a new idea was spawned to catch the eye of the electorate. She pledged, if elected president, to form a commission to investigate allegations of mistreatment of illegal aliens by the US government.

The clever inkling appeared to come to her while recently speaking at the radical left Netroots Nation conference:
“On my first day, I will empower a commission in the Department of Justice to investigate crimes committed by the United States against immigrants. To anyone out there who’s working in this system, understand … you physically abuse immigrants, you sexually abuse immigrants, you fail to get them medical care that they need, you break the law of the United States of America, and Donald Trump may be willing to look the other way, but President Elizabeth Warren will not.”
And her idea worked; Warren is trending for now. But how does a gal combat the assault of constant press that is not for her? Staying in the spotlight is difficult when her 24 competitors are coming up with creative ways to give away so much free stuff to every demographic. Getting lost in the shuffle heading to the next Democratic Party presidential debates is a reality-based fear, and one radical pledge against the government will be replaced easily by the next shiny object.

<..snip..>

https://www.libertynation.com/warren-on-the-warpath-against-trump-era-federal-employees/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

@DCPatriot

Fisrt,  they want us to pay for the student loans.
Now, they want us to feed them.
Clothing next?
Cars?
I'm with @Luis Gonzalez

I may be forced to pull mine out......

:cool:

Why not?

It seems to be the only thing they aren't asking for!

(Are we still talking about the kids?)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 08:51:44 pm by GrouchoTex »

Online rustynail

Might be time to go back to school.