Author Topic: ‘Trump’s Going to Get Re-elected, Isn’t He?’ By Thomas L. Friedman  (Read 206 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Trump’s Going to Get Re-elected, Isn’t He?’

Voters have reason to worry.

By Thomas L. Friedman

Opinion Columnist

July 16, 2019

I’m struck at how many people have come up to me recently and said, “Trump’s going to get re-elected, isn’t he?” And in each case, when I drilled down to ask why, I bumped into the Democratic presidential debates in June. I think a lot of Americans were shocked by some of the things they heard there. I was.

I was shocked that so many candidates in the party whose nominee I was planning to support want to get rid of the private health insurance covering some 250 million Americans and have “Medicare for all” instead. I think we should strengthen Obamacare and eventually add a public option.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/opinion/trump-2020.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

It will be an overthrow of all the norms, values, rules and institutions that we cherish, that made us who we are and that have united us in this common project called the United States of America.

It never ceases to amaze how leftists have come to see themselves as champions of traditional Americanism. They sound just like the Hard Hats of 50 years ago that as hairy young radicals they eventually overwhelmed.