Author Topic: These Republicans signed the ‘never Trump’ letters in 2016. Now some are having second thoughts.  (Read 5097 times)

Offline Axeslinger

Right.

So what really matters is your disagreement with her worldview.

Why not just drop all the swooning over her style and just say so?

Worldview?   Only insofar as her desire to be trumps next mistress...other than that, she is a conservative and theoretically on our side.  I don’t lambast her posting style...I just think she’s bat crap goofy. 

My beef is with anyone who does not have the integrity to be intellectually honest...anyone who cannot look at the whole of trump and admit there are a lot of warts there has proven themselves to be worthy of derision.   And in her case, not only can she not do that, she attacks everyone else who does not genuflect as being “of the left” and traitors.  Screw her.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 08:49:54 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline musiclady

Awaiting your rebuke to @corbe.

BTW it was similar debates I had on TOS that led to my departure. I supported Cruz and saw the constant harping between erstwhile allies as being counterproductive. They just weren't having any of it.

You have no idea what I have or have not said to @corbe .

It is a false parallel.

As to this place's being anything like TOS......  Poppycock.

Posters like @LegalAmerican  and @truth_seeker would LOVE to have that happen.  No debate allowed.  Just blind obeisance to the master.

Fortunately, there are only a handful of those, and the rest of us (me and you included) want to keep it an open and free place to debate and disagree without being lied about and called a leftist.

As it stands, TBR allows Conservative thought and discussion among fellow Conservatives.

If it ever becomes anything like TOS, as those two would like, I will be the first out of here.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

I will be the first out of here.

Well, yeah, but only because I have to hold the door for you...

Offline musiclady

Well, yeah, but only because I have to hold the door for you...

Ever the gentleman!  happy77

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline berdie

There's a difference between occasional heated rhetoric when one is angry or provoked, and a constant barrage of anger and disdain (and spam) leveled at anyone who dares say a bad word about Trump.

I think you know the difference, but I appreciate your loyalty to someone simply because you agree with her about Trump. Even if it's not warranted, it's, well............ loyal.

One more time and then I give up......... if she's your friend, ask her to tone down the ugly attacks on every single Briefer who isn't devoted to her god, and to try to be reasonable at least once in a while, like the rest of you Trump loyalists are.

She might make some points with a lot of people who are actually in the middle on Trump.

As it is, the five or so of you keep cheering her on, and the positive impact she has for Trump is zero.

As a rule...I would never post on a thread with both @LegalAmerican  and @MoMo  on it.  But I'll make and exception because I totally agree with you@musiclady.

More impact could be made with more information that could be verified and less SHOUTING.

Online corbe

I'll be the third one out because I'm holding both of yall's beers.   :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline MoMo

As a rule...I would never post on a thread with both @LegalAmerican  and @MoMo  on it.  But I'll make and exception because I totally agree with you@musiclady.

More impact could be made with more information that could be verified and less SHOUTING.

@corbe started it @berdie with his attacks on legalamerican I can normally let a lot of stuff go but that was uncalled for I notice its been fixd it is he that is trying to stifle any dissent here

Offline musiclady

Exactly. 

The message they are trying (and failing) to make gets lost somewhere among the CAPS and Exclamation Points, accompanied by insults.

Offline musiclady

Are you willing to hold a glass of fine Riesling as well?? 

Offline berdie

That caused me to lol @ MoMo . @corbe (courtesy ping) is trying to stifle opinion?  Whatever you say.

You didn't read a word I said (or anyone else for that matter).

Sadly, I have other obligations this evening. But any response I might have if you respond I will gladly respond to tomorrow.

Online corbe

Absolutely, @musiclady whatever soothes your soul.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

@corbe started it @berdie with his attacks on legalamerican I can normally let a lot of stuff go but that was uncalled for I notice its been fixd it is he that is trying to stifle any dissent here

Just scanning through, and I saw at least 5 completely insulting posts by LA before an even questionable one by corbe.

Truth is important, MoMo.  Stick to it.

Offline musiclady

Absolutely, @musiclady whatever soothes your soul.

That's exactly what it does!

I think I have some somewhere in this house.   I think I may need some now.

BRB..............

Offline Axeslinger

And I’m bringing the whiskey
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline GrouchoTex

Did someone mention beer?
I'll be right over.
Gonna need one after running through all these post.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

It is a false parallel.

Posters like @LegalAmerican  and @truth_seeker would LOVE to have that happen.  No debate allowed.  Just blind obeisance to the master.

Fortunately, there are only a handful of those, and the rest of us (me and you included) want to keep it an open and free place to debate and disagree without being lied about and called a leftist.

As it stands, TBR allows Conservative thought and discussion among fellow Conservatives.

If it ever becomes anything like TOS, as those two would like, I will be the first out of here.
I don't think so. I think the ones that truly think like that have long left the forum... including the former owner. The ones that remain, they're more the types that like to pick arguments. TS, for example, is a big proponent of the Intellectual Dark Web school of thought, built on challenging conventional wisdom.

Most of the people still around may be stubborn, but they're confident enough in their own beliefs that they don't run off when someone else challenges them. For that, I respect them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I'll just sit here in the dark...cold and lonely. :crying:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Anybody ever post on a thread and end up wishing to hell you had never seen the damned thing?  Asking for a friend.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

Anybody ever post on a thread and end up wishing to hell you had never seen the damned thing?  Asking for a friend.

Most every friggin day @Bigun
   I just drown the misery, I'm told these thoughts will eventually go away.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Most every friggin day @Bigun
   I just drown the misery, I'm told these thoughts will eventually go away.

Hand me one of whatever you're having @corbe!  This dumpster fire is killing me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

I've got my own theory here too, @Right_in_Virginia is just so provocative in her words and deeds on TBR (love her) that her Threads always generate a lot more interest. 
   I've been wrong before as @LegalAmerican and @MoMo so eloquently pointed out, earlier.

Offline skeeter

It is a false parallel.

With all due respect, I was relating my own experiences on TOS. I did not say the site 'was like TOS'.

As far as LA is concerned, she can't be THAT bad, 'cause if she vexed y'all as badly as you are saying you'd simply ignore her. Its real easy.

Or... could it be you enjoy the dog pile?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Some times I'll drink a lot of whiskey to forget a thread.  The problem is after I pass out and then wake up I remember...
that I still have some whiskey.
wut was the question again?

Online corbe

With all due respect, I was relating my own experiences on TOS. I did not say the site 'was like TOS'.

As far as LA is concerned, she can't be THAT bad, 'cause if she vexed y'all as badly as you are saying you'd simply ignore her. Its real easy.

Guilty as Charged, your Honor

Offline musiclady

90% of the time I slide right by her rants.......... (not worth the trouble to put her on Ignore).

Once in a great while, it's important to me to correct the lies and false accusations, and to respond to people like you who say her ravings are good for the forum. 

They are not.

What I do enjoy is truthful dialogue, and I have never, ever seen that from her.

You, however, ARE good for the forum, and with that I will respond no more to you.  You have prolonged what I thought would be a brief conversation, and I am not interested in any further discussion about this troll-like member of a wonderful forum.