Author Topic: Mueller testimony likely to be delayed for one week  (Read 319 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mueller testimony likely to be delayed for one week
« on: July 12, 2019, 02:45:16 pm »
Mueller testimony likely to be delayed for one week
By Olivia Beavers and Morgan Chalfant - 07/12/19 10:28 AM EDT

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s public testimony before Congress is likely to be postponed until July 24, two sources familiar with the matter told The Hill.

The sources cautioned that the situation is fluid and is pending a final agreement by the Democrats on his appearance.

Mueller was initially scheduled to testify before the House Intelligence and Judiciary Committees on July 16 — next Wednesday. The initial agreement was for Mueller to testify at two consecutive hearings before the House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees, with his testimony limited to about two hours before each committee. Under the agreement, 22 lawmakers would be able to ask questions.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/452787-mueller-testimony-likely-to-be-delayed-for-one-week
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Mueller testimony likely to be delayed for one week
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 02:53:33 pm »
I'll wager he NEVER testifies publically.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 04:37:51 pm »
By Brooke Singman, Chad Pergram | Fox News

Planning for former Special Counsel Robert Mueller's highly anticipated testimony was thrown into disarray Friday as multiple sources said the hearing was delayed amid a "breakdown in negotiations" -- yet others indicated it could still go forward next week as planned.

Internal talks over the structure of the hearings originally scheduled for July 17 have been heating up for days, with some members complaining they might not have enough time carved out to ask questions.

Sources said Friday morning the hearings will be pushed back to July 24. A senior source said there was a "breakdown in negotiations" to have Mueller appear.

Yet the Democratic majority on the House Judiciary Committee maintained: "At this moment we still plan to have our hearing on the 17th and we will let you know if that changes.”...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mueller-house-testimony-pushed-back-a-week-to-july-24

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 05:38:58 pm »
I'll wager he NEVER testifies publically.

Which would be fine by me!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 05:52:34 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 06:16:03 pm »
Topics merged.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 06:25:09 pm »
Sounds like the dems keep wanting to ask questions Mueller has already said he won’t answer, and things are getting acrimonious.  Good.