Author Topic: Labor Secretary Acosta Resigns amid Backlash over Handling of Epstein Sex-Abuse Case  (Read 444 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online rustynail

The walls are closing in.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
This was probably inevitable, but I was hoping he would stick around long enough to generate enough scrutiny into who is ultimately behind this ridiculous plea deal. With his resignation, it’s likely to fade away.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This was probably inevitable, but I was hoping he would stick around long enough to generate enough scrutiny into who is ultimately behind this ridiculous plea deal. With his resignation, it’s likely to fade away.

I would certainly hope that is not the case.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Labor Secretary Acosta Resigns amid Backlash over Handling of Epstein Sex-Abuse Case
National Review, Jul 12, 2019

Secretary of Labor Alexander Acosta resigned Friday amid growing backlash over his handling of the 2008 sex-abuse case against billionaire Jeffrey Epstein.

Speaking to reporters outside the White House Friday morning, Acosta said he offered to resign to spare the administration from any further distractions associated with the mounting scandal surrounding his prosecution of Epstein in 2008.

“I thought the right thing was to step aside,” Acosta said.

President Trump, standing next to Acosta, praised him as a “great labor secretary, not a good one.”

The White House said Acosta’s deputy, Pattrick Pizzella, will take over as acting secretary of labor.

The announcement comes just two days after Acosta held a press conference to push back on the many critics in Congress and the media who have argued that he failed Epstein’s victims as U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Florida by offering a non-prosecution agreement that required just a 13-month jail sentence.

More:  https://news.yahoo.com/labor-secretary-acosta-resigns-amid-134714199.html

Donald J. Trump‏
Verified account   @realDonaldTrump

Alex Acosta informed me this morning that he felt the constant drumbeat of press about a prosecution which took place under his watch more than 12 years ago was bad for the Administration, which he so strongly believes in, and he graciously tendered his resignation....

....Alex was a great Secretary of Labor and his service is truly appreciated. He will be replaced on an acting basis by Pat Pizzella, the current Deputy Secretary.

7:55 AM - 12 Jul 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1149693842263642113

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Now, aren't you glad, @Right_in_Virginia, that you agreed with me the other day....

wink777

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Agreed.  Much less likely to get to the truth now.

Offline Absalom

Well at least Trump has demonstrated a skill;
his ability to pick one loser after another.
Someone update the scoreboard!!!

Well at least Trump has demonstrated a skill;
his ability to pick one loser after another.
Someone update the scoreboard!!!

Good grief, give it a rest.  The Senate had the opportunity to deny the nomination, but they didn't. 

Acosta was a very good Labor Secretary and fully onboard with the President's agenda.  This whole episode was an attempt to try and entangle the President in the Epstein saga. 

Acosta did the honorable thing and resigned.  Now you and the media will have to look for another thread of bullshit to tie around the President. 

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Topics merged.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Good grief, give it a rest.  The Senate had the opportunity to deny the nomination, but they didn't.

How dare they confirm Trump's nominee!!!

Acosta was a very good Labor Secretary and fully onboard with the President's agenda.  This whole episode was an attempt to try and entangle the President in the Epstein saga. 

and over such a petty thing as a sweetheart plea for a serial child rapist.  I don't understand why anyone got upset.

Acosta did the honorable thing and resigned.  Now you and the media will have to look for another thread of bullshit to tie around the President.

I think I'll linger awhile with this story.  I love posting the pictures of Trump and Epstein together.