Author Topic: Donald Trump tears into ‘lame duck failure’ Paul Ryan  (Read 814 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Donald Trump tears into ‘lame duck failure’ Paul Ryan

By Chris Perez

July 12, 2019 | 1:01am | Updated

President Trump took Paul Ryan to the woodshed on Thursday night — ripping the former speaker on Twitter for having an “atrocious” record and becoming “a long running lame duck failure” who left his party “in the lurch.”

“Couldn’t get him out of Congress fast enough!” Trump tweeted.

The president appeared to be lashing out at Ryan in response to a Washington Post report that included excerpts from a new book by Politico’s Tim Alberta, in which the ex-speaker claimed to have grown “numb” to Trump’s “bad” decision-making.

“Paul Ryan, the failed V.P. candidate & former Speaker of the House, whose record of achievement was atrocious (except during my first two years as President), ultimately became a long running lame duck failure, leaving his Party in the lurch both as a fundraiser & leader,” Trump blasted. “When Mitt chose Paul I told people that’s the end of that Presidential run. He quit Congress because he didn’t know how to Win. They gave me standing O’s in the Great State of Wisconsin, & booed him off the stage. He promised me the Wall, & failed (happening anyway!)”

The president concluded his condemnation of Ryan by saying he was a weak representative of the Republican Party.

more
https://nypost.com/2019/07/12/donald-trump-tears-into-lame-duck-failure-paul-ryan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The president concluded his condemnation of Ryan by saying he was a weak representative of the Republican Party.

That he was and sadly, he is not alone!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

The only person acceptable to Trump, is Trump.

Bill Cipher

All of which merely indicates that Ryan hit very close to home with his criticisms, and Trump knows it, which is why he’s lashing out to protect his own ego. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

I suppose he thinks we have amnesia. At Camp David, in January 2018, he went all with the establishment types and Kochs to secure Congress in the midterms. As usual, he blames someone else, when he makes a stupid decision and it inevitably doesn’t pan out.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I urge that Paul Ryan consider his duty to his party and his country and announce that he is challenging Trump for the GOP nomination.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Every one of the President's enablers deserves this treatment by Trump.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I urge that Paul Ryan consider his duty to his party and his country and announce that he is challenging Trump for the GOP nomination.

Well you best be reserving phone booths NOW across the country for Ryan's globalist rallies …. those booths go fast!

"Duty to his party and his country" …..   :laughingdog:

Online Right_in_Virginia

I suppose he thinks we have amnesia. At Camp David, in January 2018, he went all with the establishment types and Kochs to secure Congress in the midterms. As usual, he blames someone else, when he makes a stupid decision and it inevitably doesn’t pan out.

Bullshit.  Ryan resigned at the start of 2018 and made it his mission to take as many Republican congresscritters with him.  This mission the f*&K managed to complete.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Here's the President's full tweet … for those interested in more than a headline.  And IMO, the President is being too kind.

Donald J. Trump‏
Verified account   @realDonaldTrump

Paul Ryan, the failed V.P. candidate & former Speaker of the House, whose record of achievement was atrocious (except during my first two years as President), ultimately became a long running lame duck failure, leaving his Party in the lurch both as a fundraiser & leader......

....When Mitt chose Paul I told people that’s the end of that Presidential run. He quit Congress because he didn’t know how to Win. They gave me standing O’s in the Great State of Wisconsin, & booed him off the stage. He promised me the Wall, & failed (happening anyway!)......

....He had the Majority & blew it away with his poor leadership and bad timing. Never knew how to go after the Dems like they go after us. Couldn’t get him out of Congress fast enough!

8:10 PM - 11 Jul 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1149516403075981314

Offline edpc

Re: Donald Trump tears into ‘lame duck failure’ Paul Ryan
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2019, 03:09:16 pm »
Bullshit.  Ryan resigned at the start of 2018 and made it his mission to take as many Republican congresscritters with him.  This mission the f*&K managed to complete.

Your history is a bit off. The meeting at Camp David was on January 5th. They set the strategy, at that time. Ryan announced his retirement 4 months later.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2019, 03:18:12 pm »

Ryan lost the House by NOT helping Trump get his agenda passed. His inaction totally depressed GOP turnout.
Ryan is a POS, deep state globalist, screw him.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2019, 03:19:55 pm »
Ryan lost the House by NOT helping Trump get his agenda passed. His inaction totally depressed GOP turnout.

So it was Ryan that failed to pass the Obamacare repeal?  interesting.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2019, 03:23:05 pm »

Ryan also lost the House by resigning and announcing the Democrats were going to take back the House in November …. Ryan actively encouraged fellow NTs in the House not to run for reelection.  The aholes listened to him leaving the Republican Party to fight for 40 abandoned seats.

Ryan can rot in hell for all I care.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2019, 03:25:56 pm »
So it was Ryan that failed to pass the Obamacare repeal?  interesting.

Ryan did absolutely nothing on immigration and deliberately did not fund the Wall. Trump's number one agenda
item. The Wall is what elected Trump, that and the fact that Hilary is a lying crook.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2019, 03:26:25 pm »
Ryan also lost the House by resigning and announcing the Democrats were going to take back the House in November …. Ryan actively encouraged fellow NTs in the House not to run for reelection.  The aholes listened to him leaving the Republican Party to fight for 40 abandoned seats.

Along with every "republican" like him!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 03:26:39 pm »

Your history is a bit off.

No.  Ryan was and is a lying, conniving loser.  But he was on your side of the political agenda, so I understand your upset and need to prop him up.  Good luck.  You're going to need more than the force with you to make this so.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2019, 03:27:04 pm »
Along with every "republican" like him!

888high58888

Offline edpc

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2019, 03:35:59 pm »

Marc Short resigned as Trump’s legislative affairs director, that June, and said the same thing. He also thought Pelosi being speaker would be good for reelection in 2020. Only delusional true believers were predicting a red wave.

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2019, 03:39:08 pm »
No.  Ryan was and is a lying, conniving loser.  But he was on your side of the political agenda, so I understand your upset and need to prop him up.  Good luck.  You're going to need more than the force with you to make this so.

You can always go back to the threads in that timeframe, after the meeting. There are plenty of posts where I said throwing in with the establishment and Koch brothers was a terrible idea.  You can start here:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,298438.msg1565781.html#msg1565781

You can do your own homework, from there. Instead, I’m sure you’ll remain as ignorant as you always are.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 04:01:57 pm by edpc »