Author Topic: Exclusive: The true origins of the Seth Rich conspiracy theory. A Yahoo News investigation.  (Read 509 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

The late Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich. (Photo illustration: Yahoo News; photo via Twitter)

WASHINGTON — In the summer of 2016, Russian intelligence agents secretly planted a fake report claiming that Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich was gunned down by a squad of assassins working for Hillary Clinton, giving rise to a notorious conspiracy theory that captivated conservative activists and was later promoted from inside President Trump’s White House, a Yahoo News investigation has found.

Russia’s foreign intelligence service, known as the SVR, first circulated a phony “bulletin” — disguised to read as a real intelligence report —about the alleged murder of the former DNC staffer on July 13, 2016, according to the U.S. federal prosecutor who was in charge of the Rich case. That was just three days after Rich, 27, was killed in what police believed was a botched robbery while walking home to his group house in the Bloomingdale neighborhood of Washington, D.C., about 30 blocks north of the Capitol.

Download or subscribe: “Conspiracyland”...

It's Yahoo, so no idea if accurate or not.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The way Hannity give credence to Assange over this was disgraceful.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Really?  I don't watch Hannity so I wouldn't know.  What does he say?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Back in the days when Manning was still going by Bradley, he had a negative view of Assange and the organization. During the campaign, he changed his mind about both. After the new admin arrived, Pompeo, as CIA director, made it clear Wikileaks was a US adversary. After the arrest of Assange, a large amount of tweets, including ones that were favorable to Assange, disappeared from Hannity's account.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/12112/hannity-praises-assange-i-believe-everything-he-joshua-yasmeh

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cia-director-pompeo-calls-wikileaks-hostile-intelligence-service-n746311

https://www.ccn.com/did-sean-hannity-scrub-pro-wikileaks-tweets-due-to-assange-arrest/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 04:27:33 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Or possible, where is Julian Assange?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Hannity got in trouble for merely mentioning the Seth Rich conspiracy on Fox.  Checking the news, this just came out today, in fact, Daily Beast's article is on the yahoo investigation:
CONSPIRACYLAND
Fox News Execs Couldn’t Figure Out Source of Retracted Seth Rich Story: Report

A Yahoo News investigation also found that, despite White House denials, one senior staffer—Steve Bannon—actively pushed the conspiracy theory at the time.

The U.S. prosecutor who was in charge of the Rich investigation told Yahoo News that Russia’s foreign intelligence service (SVR) first pushed the false claim that Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich was murdered by Hillary Clinton’s goons in retribution for leaking DNC documents to WikiLeaks in a fake intel bulletin sent out in July 2016.

More at: https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-execs-couldnt-figure-out-source-of-retracted-seth-rich-murder-story-report