Author Topic: Disneyland brawl aftermath: Men beating women in the middle of park, no joke  (Read 3448 times)

Online mountaineer

We've often observed here at TBR that tolerance of the sort of behavior exhibited by these Disneyland nitwits (and the Walgreens thugs) is exactly why shopping malls, downtown areas and the like have turned into ghost towns. Who wants to go somewhere and run a substantial risk of getting in the middle of a brawl, mugged or worse?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
For the record,  I regularly go to malls, theme parks, sports stadiums and theaters,  and otherwise walk the streets of my city.   And I don't carry a gun or even a pointed banana for protection.   

I choose neither to live in fear nor live life as an internet hermit.

I go anywhere I damned well please and, if it's outside my very small territory, usually armed.  Not out of fear but prudence. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
A bit of anectdotal evidence to bolster that claim - there are some movie theaters in the Austin area called Alamo Drafthouse. They have comfy reclining chairs and you can order a meal and an adult beverage while watching your movie.  They are also very firm about people talking or using their phones in the theater.  Their business is booming!
Places like that are usually too expensive for people of any race who intend to cause trouble. Alamo is not a traditional movie house that teenagers would go to. And it is more of a dinner/entertainment place than simply watching a movie.

Another example is IMAX, which is an experience which cannot reasonably be duplicated at home. But in terms of just a regular normal movie, I would much rather watch at home on my big screen from my comfy recliner, than go to an expensive, dirty, crowded, loud, standard movie house. There is no point to it for me. As close as I sit to my TV in my living room, I get the theater effect anyway.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
For the record,  I regularly go to malls, theme parks, sports stadiums and theaters,  and otherwise walk the streets of my city.   And I don't carry a gun or even a pointed banana for protection.   

@Jazzhead

It is your right as an American to be a fool,if that is what pleases you.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

It is your right as an American to be a fool,if that is what pleases you.
Or a target. I'm not quite that willing to become a statistic.

Online libertybele

We live in FL, so we took the kids when they were younger to Disneyland, Epcot, Universal and Busch Gardens.  Never had any problems or reason to fear being there.  I wouldn't go there today because of the ridiculous costs and the outrageous long lines.

The kind of behavior depicted is unacceptable.  It is never ok to wail on someone.  Self defense yes; but that's where a different type of self defense comes in handy IF and only IF needed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Many people have gigantic HD televisions at home with an unlimited selection of movies from any decade. And it is so much more comfortable and safer. I went to an actual theater for the first time in 5 years a couple of years ago and hated it. Do not see myself in an outside theater for the rest of my life. No more $25 popcorn and coke for me. I'd rather have chips and beer for a couple of bucks.

Same with Malls, haven't been to a Mall in years. Do almost all of my shopping online. The world is exponentially different now than even 10 years ago. Malls and theaters are going out of business like falling dominos.

@240B I LIKED going to movie theaters. Got me out of the house,and I had a big,comfy chair to sit in while enjoying a movie.

Homeboy's ruined that for me,by shouting sentences and questions at the actors on the screen. This got worse as I got older and my hearing got worse. My going to movies ended when after driving 25 miles one way to see a movie,I had to leave before the movie ended,and was pissed off on top of it.

Had a homeboy/wannabe thug maybe 16-18 years old sitting directly in front of me that kept shouting out to the actors,and to homeboy friends scattered around the theater. I VERY politely (honestly,I wanted to see the movie) tapped him on the shoulder,and when he turned I asked him politely if he would quit shouting while the movie was going because I am hard of hearing and miss what the actors are saying.

His response was "Bleep you,honkey mofo!"

Evidently,my response was to choke the SOB out,because when my mind cleared a little I discovered I had a choke hold on an unconscious black teen,and should probably let him go.

So I did.

My next thought was "That SOB might be dead for all I know,so it is probably best if I am not sitting behind him when the movie ends and the lights come on so all his wannabe thug friends can see me. After all,I only have 5 shots,and there are bound to be more of them in there than 5."

So I left in the middle of the damn movie. Checked the newspaper the next day and there were no reports of anybody dead being discovered in the theater,so I guess we both got lucky.

I have been to ONE movie since then,and it was Avatar. I figured that was pretty safe because there were no ho's or car crashes,and in  truth don't think I saw a single black in there.

Consider for a moment how long it has been since Avatar was hot new movie,and you will know how long it has been since I went to see one. I loved the typical movie experience I grew up with,but I most definitely don't enjoy leaving home and spending good money,just to get pissed off and want to kill somebody.

BTW,if you haven't seen it,Avatar is a hell of a good movie.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Sanguine

There ya go again Sang... You and them 5 dollar words...  :shrug: :whistle:

:tongue2:

@roamer_1

Huh? You mean you didn't do the troglodyte dance when you were in high school?

Online mountaineer

We very rarely go to movies, maybe three or four in the past 20+ years, and none of them would have been of interest to the urban yoot audience (e.g., a WWI documentary, a Boston Marathon documentary, "Passion of the Christ").  :whistle:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Can't speak for others,  but for me avoiding any potential danger is not fear, but rather, prudence.  I go to the local mall. but only to walk with other old people like myself.  Usually, I go very early in the morning while the gangstas and other lowlifes are still in bed.  Once the stores open, I'm usually outta there.    Other bad places like downtown Pittsburgh, I go there only when it's an absolute necessity and once I do what I have to do there, I leave as quickly as possible.  It just makes sense to me not to hang  around places that are unsafe.

@Applewood

Exactly! It only makes sense to try to avoid trouble if you can. Especially when you get older and a crippled up,look like a easy target,and your only practical response is to leave a couple of dead bodies laying on the sidewalk.

Don't get me wrong,I will do that if I have to ,and do my best to not laugh,but I do understand the smart thing to do is to do my best to avoid such things to start with.

And truthfully,back when I was still a young man of 50-something,this wasn't really a problem. I went where I wanted to go when I wanted to go there,and if you didn't like it,you were free to leave or suffer the consequences. The truth is I enjoyed the excitement and the feeling of satisfaction I would get from handing some young punk his ass or scaring him off. I didn't mind fighting back when I could breathe and move. Now I can't do either,so I need to try to avoid it. If that doesn't work,loud noises will be heard.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Huh? You mean you didn't do the troglodyte dance when you were in high school?

@sneakypete
Huh?
I'm a redneck boy. I have no idea what you're talking about.  :shrug:
High school I was down at the river at bonfires or ditchin the county cops with my Camino.

But, btw, I have some book learnin. I do know what retrograde is, and I do know what a troglodyte is... I was just pokin fun at @Sanguine .

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We very rarely go to movies, maybe three or four in the past 20+ years, and none of them would have been of interest to the urban yoot audience (e.g., a WWI documentary, a Boston Marathon documentary, "Passion of the Christ").  :whistle:

@mountaineer

That is all fine and dandy,but be aware that there is a certain segment of that crowd that like to jump people who look like easy targets as they leave one of these "non-urban movies",and are all relaxed and have their guards down.

Situational awareness needs to be a way of life if you live in a city.

Online mountaineer

Situational awareness needs to be a way of life if you live in a city.
We have to go a city to see a movie. That's why I carry concealed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We have to go a city to see a movie. That's why I carry concealed.

@mountaineer

I understand,and I am not trying to beat you up on this,but just carrying a concealed weapon doesn't mean you are alert to danger. I have personally known people to get into trouble over this because if you are not paying attention,by the time you reach for your gun it is either too late,or you have no choice but to shoot.

Even thugs know enough to back off when they start to approach a potential victim,and the mark looks them in the eyes and smiles.

Too many people hesitate to look them in the eyes because they are afraid it will trigger aggression. Guess what? It usually ENDS aggression. These people do NOT want to fight or get shot. What they want to do is smack somebody around and steal their stuff. If they know you are alert and you seem to be confident,they will go looking for an easier target.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
We have movie theaters(Imax) and all grades of shopping at the mall but we don't have security worries here in the Appalachian hills. It's rather nice to not have to worry about such things.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Here's my issue.

U.S. taxpayers spent a lot of money training me how to handle weapons properly to help protect them.  Though the chances are tiny of anyone in particular ever being in a situation where they are in a position to stop someone who is killing others, it is certain that someone is in that position at every mass shooting.  So, do I want to be the guy who was capable of helping protect other people, but didn't, because it was inconvenient for me?  And carrying is inconvenient.

I don't carry everywhere.  But generally going to the movies, mall, etc....yes.  Don't think I could live with the guilt otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 04:28:06 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline GrouchoTex

Found out, after the fact, that he was real close friends with the owner's son, far too gay for me, anyway, literally. 
   The Faust Brewery, also 4 blocks away is my new Beir Garden.  Unfortunately, my fall back is only open Thursday ~ Sunday, always free, decent, live Music.  @Cyber Liberty

@corbe
Faust is pretty nice, almost upscale, to a degree.

Offline GrouchoTex

It’s A Brawl World After All

:cool:
 :rolling:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Respectfully disagree.  On the short term, you are right, but if it becomes conventional thinking that Disney parks are unsafe........    People will avoid the place like the plague
Respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement. We have an amusement park in California called Magic Mountain, it was quite the family place in the early seventies and then they started building insane coaster rides and the park started being taken over by gang bangers with violence up to shootings be a regular occurrence................that did nothing to hurt their ticket sales and attendance because people cared less about their safety then being on the newest and biggest coaster or ride out out there. There is a saying that a person is smart but people are stupid.............I give you the Democrat party as proof. I put theme parks like Disneyland, Magic Mountain and their like as attractive nuisances that cause people to leave what little brain they have at home. Probably one of the safest theme parks left in California, and you still have to keep your wits about you, is Knott's Berry Farm and that's primarily because they don't have the acreage to keep adding the newest, biggest and fastest attraction and all things considered they are relatively inexpensive. Hell you can still walk out of Knott's and buy your family cheaper food within walking distance and re-enter with minimal impact to your day or wallet.

Offline roamer_1

I put theme parks like Disneyland, Magic Mountain and their like as attractive nuisances that cause people to leave what little brain they have at home.

@GtHawk

I have never felt the need.
Maybe it's because I grew up in a tourist town... All that bouncy, bouncy happy crap is laid plain on my radar, and as a native I avoid such places like the plague.  Unless it's something really special, like Wall Drug or the world's biggest ball of earwax, I just naturally go right on by...  :shrug:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Do you think people who choose to carry do so out of fear?

I'll go with Applewood on this - let's call it "prudence",  not fear.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline roamer_1

I'll go with Applewood on this - let's call it "prudence",  not fear.

@Jazzhead
Not even...

Believe it or not, I know of places where it is far more likely that a person is carrying a pistol than a cell phone...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Jazzhead
Not even...

Believe it or not, I know of places where it is far more likely that a person is carrying a pistol than a cell phone...

I imagine that folks behave rather politely in those places.  Maybe it's just me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

I imagine that folks behave rather politely in those places.  Maybe it's just me.

That's right...
But whether it's because they have pistols or because they don't have cell phones...  :shrug:

Could be a bit of both...  :whistle:

Offline thackney

Can't speak for others,  but for me avoiding any potential danger is not fear, but rather, prudence.

Exactly.  It is like claiming you have a spare tire in your car for "fear" of a flat tire.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer