Author Topic: Sanders, Ocasio-Cortez to introduce measure to declare climate change an official emergency: report  (Read 603 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sanders, Ocasio-Cortez to introduce measure to declare climate change an official emergency: report
By Marina Pitofsky - 07/08/19 08:59 PM EDT

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) are set to introduce on Tuesday a joint resolution with Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.), declaring climate change an official emergency, The Guardian reported on Monday

The resolution reportedly reads, “The global warming caused by human activities, which increase emissions of greenhouse gases, has resulted in a climate emergency” that “severely and urgently impacts the economic and social well-being, health and safety, and national security of the United States." 

It also “demands a national, social, industrial, and economic mobilization of the resources and labor of the United States at a massive-scale.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/452107-sanders-ocasio-cortez-to-introduce-measure-to-declare-climate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

These people are becoming gifts that keep on giving
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
These people are becoming gifts that keep on giving

Hey!  How are you?  Haven't seen you for awhile.  I know you have probably been fishing.

Anyway they are going to keep on giving unless Trump and those weenie Republicans don't do something about it.  You would have thought that they would have figured out that they are making this stuff up as they go.  Doesn't matter what it is they have a plan.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
By most scientific accounts, the climate has been changing for 4.6 billion years.
Congress is way off the rails if any of them think they can just up and stop it by passing a law.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

By most scientific accounts, the climate has been changing for 4.6 billion years.
Congress is way off the rails if any of them think they can just up and stop it by passing a law.

This is a resolution, right?  How much effect will it really have? 

I'm just thinking these two clowns, like the rest of their colleagues, are just making resolutions and passing bills that won't go anywhere just to make it look like they are doing something.  For Sanders, I guess this will be a boost to his presidential campaign.  His brain dead followers will eat this up.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The word "Dense" comes immediately to mind.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Okay, the idiot communist made their point, next.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Anything tied to Al Gore and Barack Obama is a scam of grand proportions.  Climate change is a hoax, and they are still pedaling the nonsense.  God forbid if these nutjobs ever get power again.