Author Topic: CNN’s Bernstein: Trump Is on the Verge of Igniting a ‘Civil War’ in America  (Read 563 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
By Nicholas Fondacaro | July 7, 2019 3:49 PM EDT

In the wake of President Trump’s well-received Fourth of July celebration and Sunday’s new ABC News/Washington Post poll showing his approval surging to record highs, CNN political analyst Carl Bernstein decried the President and his supporters for allegedly pushing the country towards a civil war.

Bernstein, a master of hyperbole that NewsBusters reporting can attest to, appeared on Sunday’s so-called “Reliable Sources” where he, in all seriousness, suggested that “this cold civil war predates Donald Trump. And Donald Trump understood that we are in a cold civil war in this country. And he has exploited it and brought this cold civil war almost to the point of ignition through his actions and his words, which are unprecedented in terms of presidential conduct.”

“No president in the history of the United States in 246 years has expressed the kinds of ideas and thoughts and undemocratic notions and authoritarian notions that he has,” he continued to proclaim, a total falsehood (Presidents Woodrow Wilson (D) and FDR (D) come to mind)....

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2019/07/07/cnns-bernstein-trump-verge-igniting-civil-war-america?utm_source=BlazeTV-WTFMSM-newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=BlazeTV-WTFMSM-newsletter&utm_content=BlazeTV-WTFMSM-newsletter

Offline libertybele

Well, Bernstein just joined the rest of the bat crap crazies.  The ones trying to ignite a civil war are the liberal leftist mental midget bat crap crazies.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Well, Bernstein just joined the rest of the bat crap crazies.  The ones trying to ignite a civil war are the liberal leftist mental midget bat crap crazies.

I think Berstein's always been there.  I think he just rode on Woodward's coattails, and is not a very thoughtful guy.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It will be the shortest civil war ever if all they have are Antifa types.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I think I heard the same thing about the president on FR from 2009-2016.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Which has what to do with this story?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Which has what to do with this story?

That’s it’s a typical hackneyed take, used by either side. In the end, it’ll have as much merit as the previous prediction.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

That’s it’s a typical hackneyed take, used by either side. In the end, it’ll have as much merit as the previous prediction.

OK, that actually makes sense. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I missed out on that civil war.  I hope this one is televised and no spoilers please.