Author Topic: UN Expert says San Francisco reminds her of Indian slums  (Read 254 times)

rangerrebew

UN Expert says San Francisco reminds her of Indian slums
« on: July 08, 2019, 11:59:49 am »
UN Expert says San Francisco reminds her of Indian slums

Posted by Leslie Eastman      Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 2:00pm

A longtime United Nations envoy would disagree. She recently visited the Bay Area and was astonished by what she saw.

When Leilani Farha paid a visit to San Francisco in January, she knew the grim reputation of the city’s homeless encampments. In her four years as the United Nations Special Rapporteur for Adequate Housing, Farha has visited the slums of Mumbai, Delhi, Mexico City, Jarkarta, and Manila. The crisis in San Francisco, she said, is comparable to these conditions.

. . . .  At one point on her trip, Farha encountered a young man living underneath a highway underpass, cooking quesadillas on a small stove with an open flame.

“The last time I had seen someone cooking on the sidewalk like that was in India, with the pavement dwellers there, and here I am in San Francisco in a state with the sixth largest GDP in the world,” said Farha.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/07/un-expert-says-san-francisco-reminds-her-of-indian-slums/

Offline goatprairie

Re: UN Expert says San Francisco reminds her of Indian slums
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 01:31:38 pm »
It looks like many major American cities are being run by their stupidest residents. Having the gov. run by the dumbest members of society is called  a kakistocracy.
Fifty years ago the idea that the leaders of major cities would allow bums and drug addicts to camp on public sidewalks and leave excrement wherever they wanted would have been met with derision by evened hardened Dem leaders. Now most of them think it's a great idea.
Further proof that liberalism is a mental disease.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 01:39:23 pm »
It looks like many major American cities are being run by their stupidest residents. Having the gov. run by the dumbest members of society is called  a kakistocracy.
Fifty years ago the idea that the leaders of major cities would allow bums and drug addicts to camp on public sidewalks and leave excrement wherever they wanted would have been met with derision by evened hardened Dem leaders. Now most of them think it's a great idea.
Further proof that liberalism is a mental disease.

@goatprairie

HEY! Their vote has the same value as yours.and if there is One True Thing you can believe with all your heart it is that the homeless WILL vote for more "free stuff" and more anarchy.

If I didn't know better,I would almost suspect this was a part of a plan.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 01:43:34 pm »
@goatprairie

HEY! Their vote has the same value as yours.and if there is One True Thing you can believe with all your heart it is that the homeless WILL vote for more "free stuff" and more anarchy.

If I didn't know better,I would almost suspect this was a part of a plan.
As the saying goes, those who want to rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 02:04:53 pm »

California or Kenya? Hard to tell.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org