Author Topic: Tlaib: It Is Very Disappointing That Pelosi Would Try To Diminish Our Voices  (Read 583 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Tlaib: It Is Very Disappointing That Pelosi Would Try To Diminish Our Voices
'We know what it feels like to be dehumanized'
Washington Free Beacon, Jul 7, 2019

Rashida Tlaib (D., Mich.) said that she was disappointed in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) for trying to diminish progressive voices during a Sunday appearance on ABC's This Week.

Host Martha Raddatz asked Tlaib about Pelosi's recent criticism of Tlaib and three other prominent progressives who voted against the border aid bill passed before the July 4th recess.

"What would you say directly to Nancy Pelosi?" Raddatz asked.

"All of us have these experiences that I think have been missing in the halls of Congress. Honor that, respect that, put us at the table. Let's come up with a solution together," Tlaib said. "It is very disappointing that the Speaker would ever try to diminish our voices in so many ways."

[...]

"People like us … we're reflective of our nation in many ways," Tlaib responded. "But more people like us have been missing in the halls of Congress. More people like us, people of color, have been missing in the chamber. We know what it feels like to be dehumanized. We know what it feels like to be brown and black in this country."

Ocasio-Cortez also responded to Pelosi in a series of tweets.

"That public ‘whatever' is called public sentiment. And wielding the power to shift it is how we actually achieve meaningful change in this country," the representative wrote to her more than 4.5 million Twitter followers.

More w/video:  https://freebeacon.com/politics/tlaib-it-is-very-disappointing-that-pelosi-would-try-to-diminish-our-voices/

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The voice?  Is that on NBC
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Tlaib: It Is Very Disappointing That Pelosi Would Try To Diminish Our Voices
'We know what it feels like to be dehumanized'
Washington Free Beacon, Jul 7, 2019

Rashida Tlaib (D., Mich.) said that she was disappointed in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) for trying to diminish progressive voices during a Sunday appearance on ABC's This Week.

Host Martha Raddatz asked Tlaib about Pelosi's recent criticism of Tlaib and three other prominent progressives who voted against the border aid bill passed before the July 4th recess.

"What would you say directly to Nancy Pelosi?" Raddatz asked.

"All of us have these experiences that I think have been missing in the halls of Congress. Honor that, respect that, put us at the table. Let's come up with a solution together," Tlaib said. "It is very disappointing that the Speaker would ever try to diminish our voices in so many ways."

[...]

"People like us … we're reflective of our nation in many ways," Tlaib responded. "But more people like us have been missing in the halls of Congress. More people like us, people of color, have been missing in the chamber. We know what it feels like to be dehumanized. We know what it feels like to be brown and black in this country."

Ocasio-Cortez also responded to Pelosi in a series of tweets.

"That public ‘whatever' is called public sentiment. And wielding the power to shift it is how we actually achieve meaningful change in this country," the representative wrote to her more than 4.5 million Twitter followers.

More w/video:  https://freebeacon.com/politics/tlaib-it-is-very-disappointing-that-pelosi-would-try-to-diminish-our-voices/

If AOC, Tlaib, and Omar want to have more influence, they should earn it at the ballot box.  Each of them is just 1/435 of the U.S. House of representatives.  That's all the influence to which they are entitled.  If they want more influence, then perhaps they should win election to a different office.  Otherwise, it sounds like they believe that their particular voices are more important than are the voices of the other 432 elected representatives in Congress.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 01:23:47 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Who cares?  This is great stuff.  The Democrats divided.  Unfortunately the Republicans make the same fatal mistake.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Who cares?  This is great stuff.  The Democrats divided.  Unfortunately the Republicans make the same fatal mistake.

Uh-huh....only 'you' Independents who sit and yap on the sidelines whining "...not my circus...not my monkeys" have the 'Right' Stuff.  /S
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Uh-huh....only 'you' Independents who sit and yap on the sidelines whining "...not my circus...not my monkeys" have the 'Right' Stuff.  /S

I will get behind Trump when he follows through with his powerful plans to secure the border.  I am not an Independant.  I am not anything, but a citizen.  I don't give any politician or party any oath to give them my vote.  And so far all its been with Trump is one scandal after another and nothing done about the Border.  I could show you the chain of events and give you links to video's where Trump promised he had the plan.  But he kept giving in.

And unfortunately Republicans are divided because some love illegal immigration.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 02:35:02 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

Remember when Pelosi was the young leftwing pain in the ass in the House & everyone thought she was nuts? AOC, Talib are her children. I just pray they won't end up being the major influence on half the country as Pelosi was.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 02:34:28 pm by skeeter »