Author Topic: Ed Henry: I’m becoming a liver donor for the sister I love, so she can live a long and healthy life  (Read 380 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ed Henry: I’m becoming a liver donor for the sister I love, so she can live a long and healthy life

By Ed Henry | Fox News

When I broke the news by telephone to a close friend that I'm about to donate my liver to my beautiful and loving sister, Colleen, the guy all but exploded on the other end of the line: "What are you TALKING about? That's great but you only have ONE liver, what are YOU going to do?"

Since I deliver the news for a living, I quickly realized by my friend's panicked reaction that I should have been much more precise with my language. And I also figured out that telling my story now could be of service to other families going through a similar health crisis.

It is my sincere hope that talking about this journey for myself and Colleen, who has been bravely battling degenerative liver disease over the last few years, will help bring some awareness for the over 113,000 people in the U.S. waiting at this time for lifesaving organs (about 13,000 of whom need a healthy liver).

my one healthy liver will become two in a matter of hours. And then I am told that within four to six weeks, both of those portions of my liver will grow back to 100 percent in each of us.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/ed-henry-im-becoming-a-liver-donor-for-the-sister-i-love-so-she-can-live-a-long-and-healthy-life
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ed is a good and brave soul!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Livers regenerate, but still it’s a heckuva gesture.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Livers regenerate, but still it’s a heckuva gesture.

The surgery alone is brutal.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member