Author Topic: Night before Trump’s inauguration was ‘very emotional’: Michelle Obama  (Read 931 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Night before Trump’s inauguration was ‘very emotional’: Michelle Obama
By Brie Stimson | Fox News

Michelle Obama in an interview Saturday evening said the night before President Trump’s inauguration in January 2017 was “very emotional.”

"The truth is, on that day I was moving my children out of the only house they had really grown up in,” the former first lady told Gayle King of CBS News at the Essence Festival in New Orleans. “I think that gets lost on people.”

She said she was rushing to get her daughters and their friends out of the White House after they’d had a sleepover the night before the inauguration.

“The girls didn't get up,” she explained. “They're all crying and they have their teddy bears and they're moving slow and I'm like, 'You've got to get up and get out of this house.' And I don't know where these kids are going, but they had to get up and out of that house. So you've got tears and I'm pushing people out a freight elevator and my kids are crying.”

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/night-before-trumps-inauguration-was-very-emotional-michelle-obama
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

She added that she knew when she became the first lady she would have to “earn [her] grace.”

Grace isn't earned.

“I want all young girls out there to know - we all struggle with that, people of color, working-class folks, women of color - people try to define us in a negative way before we get a chance to get out there and tell our own stories,” she said.

Kinda like Trump, eh?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Getting kicked out of your public housing of eight years is tough.  Acting like you're in sackcloth is tougher.  Just ask Hillz, who was so dirt poor in 2001 she needed her buddy Terry McCauliffe to set her up in a mansion.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

“They're all crying and they have their teddy bears ....

15 and 18 years old and they're holding their teddy bears crying because they have to move 1/2 mile down the road into a gated and walled multi-million dollar new home??

Yeah, sure, I'm buying this story.   888mouth

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
15 and 18 years old and they're holding their teddy bears crying because they have to move 1/2 mile down the road into a gated and walled multi-million dollar new home??

@Right_in_Virginia

You don't believe it? I'm sitting here considering slashing my wrists in sympathy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

Not to mention that the night before was a school night.  The girls were in school on Friday Jan 20.  They wouldn't have had a sleepover the night before.  And they wouldn't both be having sleepovers at the same time since girls of different ages do not have the same set of friends.  And then there's the matter of getting special clearance (and protection) for two groups of girls - 12th and 9th graders - on the very day that secret service protection would be stretched to its absolute limit.  Michelle didn't think this one through.  But then liberals never do.  They shape reality based solely upon their emotions.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I never believe stories involving Shoeshine and Malaria.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

She can't tell the truth about anything,  can she?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

What a crock of bull. And why would they hold a sleepover the night before they had official duties and were moving. "Leaving the only home they knew." Spare me.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online roamer_1

Getting kicked out of your public housing of eight years is tough.  Acting like you're in sackcloth is tougher.  Just ask Hillz, who was so dirt poor in 2001 she needed her buddy Terry McCauliffe to set her up in a mansion.

Yeah... so dang broke they had to pawn all the white house silverware IIRC...
Tough break.  **nononono*

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I never believe stories involving Shoeshine and Malaria.

@Cyber Liberty
I laughed so hard, I cried. Shoeshine and Malaria! :rolling:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

....but...it's hard being a poor oppressed black woman (?) with two kids.... *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
....but...it's hard being a poor oppressed black woman (?) with two kids.... *****rollingeyes*****

...living in public housing.    *****rollingeyes*****
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
These people took grifting to new levels. 

No wonder they cried when they lost this gig.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

She will have to console herself with 40 million dollars which is what she and her commie husband have made since they left the WH.
 I'm a little too old now, and the wife and I are doing alright financially, but if I were in my forties and someone told me if I lived in public housing for eight years, I'd have 40 million dollars when I got out, I'd ask them where do I sign.

Online mountaineer

Michelle Obama's Mirror's take on her comments:
        She said she was rushing to get her daughters and their friends out of the White House after they’d had a sleepover the night before the inauguration.

“The girls didn’t get up,” she explained. “They’re all crying and they have their teddy bears and they’re moving slow and I’m like, ‘You’ve got to get up and get out of this house.’ And I don’t know where these kids are going, but they had to get up and out of that house. So you’ve got tears and I’m pushing people out a freight elevator and my kids are crying.”
More likely they were crying because our saintly Lady M was screaming at them like a banshee. I doubt they were too upset about finally breaking away from what can only be described as a teenager’s nightmare: round the clock surveillance. I admit, my initial reaction was “what kind of moron lets her kids have a sleepover the night before they are to vacate the premises, the day before they are to participate in the (supposedly) peaceful transfer of power to the new president? But then I remembered it was most likely a lie.

But my favorite from Gayle King’s (Oprah’s BFF) interview of  Lady M’s:
    “And then we had to meet the Trumps. That day was very emotional and then to sit at that inauguration and to look around at a crowd that was not reflective of the country, and I had to sit in that audience as one of the handfuls of people of color, all that I had to hold on to over those last 8 years, and it was a lot emotionally. By the time I got on the plane, it was a release of 8 years of trying to have to show up as we all know we have to do not only perfectly, but a little bit better than perfect to even be considered equal.”

Got that? If you support PDJT, you are “not reflective of the country.” Well done m’lady, keep that good ‘ol grievance mentality alive. The Democrats are counting on it.

Or it could just be gas

More at Michelle's Mirror

Offline thackney

“The girls didn't get up,” she explained. “They're all crying and they have their teddy bears and they're moving slow and I'm like, 'You've got to get up and get out of this house.' And I don't know where these kids are going, but they had to get up and out of that house. So you've got tears and I'm pushing people out a freight elevator and my kids are crying.”

What?  Is this the first time you realized they had to leave?  What a crock of BS.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mountaineer

What?  Is this the first time you realized they had to leave?  What a crock of BS.
Most of us normal people would have had everyone packed and ready by Jan. 19 if Jan. 20 was the day we had to vacate a residence. Mooch doesn't seem to have a lot of real-world experience, to say the least.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Most of us normal people would have had everyone packed and ready by Jan. 19 if Jan. 20 was the day we had to vacate a residence. Mooch doesn't seem to have a lot of real-world experience, to say the least.

It's that or she's lying through her teeth.  I vote "teeth."
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mountaineer

You wouldn't worry about it either if you had dozens of servants to scream at and blame it on the day it needs to be done.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline berdie

It's that or she's lying through her teeth.  I vote "teeth."

May I add another vote?   that is two. :beer:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Maybe it was Obama and Reggie Love and not the daughters having the sleep over.  wink777
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!