Author Topic: In campaign reboot, Biden tries to put his 36-year Senate career off-limits  (Read 346 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In campaign reboot, Biden tries to put his 36-year Senate career off-limits
by Emily Larsen
 | July 06, 2019 11:40 PM

SUMTER, SOUTH CAROLINA — Joe Biden suggested that he should be judged on his eight years as President Barack Obama’s vice president while his 36 years in the Senate before 2009 should not be subject to scrutiny.

In what amounted to an attempt to reboot his campaign after a poll slump and fresh scrutiny of his work with segregationist senators in the 1970s, Biden accused his opponents of focusing excessive attention on his long legislative record.

“If you look at the issues I’ve been attacked on, nearly every one of them, somehow, is something to do with before 2008, as if my opponents want to believe I served from 1972 to 2008 and then took a hiatus,” Biden told the mostly black crowd of a few hundred in Sumter, South Carolina, on Saturday.

Biden stressed his connection to Obama, who remains extremely popular among black voters. “When I talk about the Obama years, my opponents talk about it, it’s ancient history. When others talk about something I said in the '70s, they talk about it like yesterday,” Biden said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/in-campaign-reboot-biden-tries-to-put-his-36-year-senate-career-off-limits
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Guy spent that eight years attending funerals...other than screwing up the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) in Iraq...at Obama's direction...ultimately costing tens of thousands of lives, NOT including the genocide toward Christians.

And don't think President Trump won't nail his hide to the wall during any Presidential Debate(s)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Guy spent that eight years attending funerals...other than screwing up the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) in Iraq...at Obama's direction...ultimately costing tens of thousands of lives, NOT including the genocide toward Christians.

And don't think President Trump won't nail his hide to the wall during any Presidential Debate(s)

Come on, @DCPatriot , give credit where credit is due....  he used that office to help his son and other cronies raise billions of dollars for their enterprises....

wink777

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Come on, @DCPatriot , give credit where credit is due....  he used that office to help his son and other cronies raise billions of dollars for their enterprises....

wink777

888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald