Author Topic: Warren Promises Executive Action for Women of Color in New Economic Plan  (Read 371 times)

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Warren Promises Executive Action for Women of Color in New Economic Plan

By Daniella Diaz and Paul LeBlanc, CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/05/politics/elizabeth-warren-economic-plan-minority-women/index.html

Excerpt:

(CNN)Presidential candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren on Friday detailed the executive orders she plans to implement to boost wages for women of color if she's elected.

The proposal aims to address the economic hardships of black, Latina, Native American and Asian women, the Massachusetts Democrat says, writing in a Medium post introducing the plan Friday morning that the government "has helped perpetuate the systemic discrimination" that women of color face.

"It's time for the government to try to right those wrongs -- and boost our economy in the process," Warren wrote.

The multi-pronged plan outlines a range of executive actions that include broad "historic" new requirements of federal contractors, increased diversity initiatives within the senior ranks of the federal government and targeted enforcement against that "systemic discrimination."

"Companies with federal contracts employ roughly a quarter of the US workforce. By imposing new rules on companies that hope to receive federal contracts, we can take a big step towards creating equal opportunities for Black, Latina, Native American, Asian and other women of color," the plan says.

Warren adds that she would target sectors with higher rates of discriminatory practices by directing the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission "to more closely monitor these fields" as well as "bring in top talent to enforce claims in those areas."

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Me too.  Time to get rid of race politics.  This is a gross mischarachterization of what it means to live in a country of Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness.  You cannont manufacture equal treatment it has to come from Founding Principles.  It is the liberal lie that people of color cannot achieve in this country.  They can and do.   The only ones that don't achieve are the ones who believe this bull shit.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EdJames

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Apparently they just aren't into that anymore....

Offline libertybele

The DEMS have always been the party of racists; Warren and Harris included.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdJames

The DEMS have always been the party of racists; Warren and Harris included.

I see Harris as total w/bitch and Warren more like a sick clown...

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

The iconic "I'll have a beer. pull out this stool, and sit down." After that embarrassment, how can she show her face in public. No shame, I guess.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 01:47:28 am by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Would Sen. Warren have womyns of color, take DNA tests, to rank them in the "Oppression" Olympics?

What of the families of dead anti-slavery union soldiers?

They truly did die, in vain.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln