Author Topic: Israeli being held in Ukrainian jail until family pays $200,000  (Read 317 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Israeli being held in Ukrainian jail until family pays $200,000

An Israeli religious Jew is being held in a Ukrainian jail after he was involved in a traffic accident while visiting the country, and will not be freed unless the family pays $200,000, according to a crowdfunding campaign made by imprisoned Israeli's wife.

"The roads are very dark there at night and there is no lighting," explained Miriam Amar, the wife of Yitzchak Natan Amar, the Israeli currently being held in a Ukrainian jail, in a video on the crowdfunding page. "My husband was driving...There was a car idling on the side of the road that suddenly merged onto the highway without signaling. I saw that my mother was bleeding from her lips. My husband was screaming for help. My baby was screaming. We just waited for help. Almost an hour no one came to help us. We were just waiting and bleeding."

Amar explained that three locals were killed in the accident. "While they took me on a stretcher to an ambulance, the police took my husband," she said. "They didn't take him to be checked out, they immediately arrested him. It is a very difficult place, people are stabbed there every day."

Read more at: https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Israeli-being-held-in-Ukrainian-jail-until-family-pays-200000-594818