Author Topic: Authorities seek to seize El Chapo's $12.6 billion assets  (Read 345 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Authorities seek to seize El Chapo's $12.6 billion assets
« on: July 06, 2019, 05:07:10 pm »
Authorities seek to seize El Chapo's $12.6 billion assets
Lukas Mikelionis

Convicted Mexican drug cartel kingpin Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman owes the U.S. government more than $12 billion, federal prosecutors said Friday.

The prosecutors are now seeking to seize Guzman’s assets following his conviction back in February, following a three-month trial examining his drug trafficking into the U.S. as the leader of the Sinaloa Cartel.

The government aims to collect $12,666,191,704 from the drug lord and his narco-empire, the New York Post reported, citing new court papers filed in Brooklyn federal court.

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/us/authorities-seek-el-chapo-12-billion-assets

Forfeiture laws at play here, if one reads the rest of the story. Perhaps, we are already entitled to this money, at least, what is in the USA.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Authorities seek to seize El Chapo's $12.6 billion assets
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 05:13:06 pm »
Use it to build the wall as Cruz suggested.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 05:56:46 pm »

They could send it to the We Build the Wall project they are actually getting something done.  Not just a wall but a nice road for Border Patrol to travel.  I am going to donate.  I would rather give my money to a wall than any political candidate or party.  These guys are working hard.  They showed they cut off 19 Cartel trails.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 05:58:09 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 06:19:49 pm »

They could send it to the We Build the Wall project they are actually getting something done.  Not just a wall but a nice road for Border Patrol to travel.  I am going to donate.  I would rather give my money to a wall than any political candidate or party.  These guys are working hard.  They showed they cut off 19 Cartel trails.

??  Last I heard that project was shutdown due to a court injunction.  Have things changed??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 06:20:23 pm »

:amen: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 06:27:02 pm »
??  Last I heard that project was shutdown due to a court injunction.  Have things changed??

I just posted a thread on it.  They have a banner saying June 24-26 for donation marathon.

Doesn't look shut down.

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

https://webuildthewall.us/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 06:39:25 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 06:56:28 pm »

Here's the information I think you were talking about.  Looks like they got past that because they finished that section and are proceeding.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/may/28/we-build-wall-construction-stopped-sunland-park-ne/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 07:48:36 pm »

Here's the information I think you were talking about.  Looks like they got past that because they finished that section and are proceeding.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/may/28/we-build-wall-construction-stopped-sunland-park-ne/

Thanks for the info.   :beer:   I'm hoping that the continue to succeed.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 07:58:42 pm »
Thanks for the info.   :beer:   I'm hoping that the continue to succeed.

Me also.  I actually stumbled on that.  They built it quick too.