Author Topic: Trump considering executive order on citizenship question for census  (Read 768 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump considering executive order on citizenship question for census
By Morgan Chalfant - 07/05/19 10:59 AM EDT

President Trump told reporters on Friday that he is considering an executive order to ensure a citizenship question is included on the U.S. census.

Trump told reporters on the White House lawn that he has four or five options and is "thinking about" an executive order. He also said his administration could begin printing the 2020 census and later include the question as part of an addendum.

President Trump told reporters on Friday that he is considering an executive order to ensure a citizenship question is included on the U.S. census.

Trump told reporters on the White House lawn that he has four or five options and is "thinking about" an executive order. He also said his administration could begin printing the 2020 census and later include the question as part of an addendum.
ADVERTISEMENT

“We’re thinking about doing that, it’s one of the ways,” Trump told reporters before departing the White House for his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., noting that administration officials are “doing very well” on the issue.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/451749-trump-considering-executive-order-on-citizenship-question-for-census
“We’re thinking about doing that, it’s one of the ways,” Trump told reporters before departing the White House for his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., noting that administration officials are “doing very well” on the issue.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump considering executive order on citizenship question for census
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 08:00:17 pm »
Stop considering Mr. President and issue the order today!  Someone is going to have to do it and it might as well be you.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 10:37:30 pm »
Stop considering Mr. President and issue the order today!  Someone is going to have to do it and it might as well be you.

Has been a reoccurring problem in the past.  Just do it.  Especially now that he has announced it.  You can bet that all the liberals are huddled for the response.  He should do it now.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 12:17:47 am »

Has been a reoccurring problem in the past.  Just do it.  Especially now that he has announced it.  You can bet that all the liberals are huddled for the response.  He should do it now.

Too late. Should have done it before announcing it.  Not gonna happen now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline rustynail

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 12:25:22 am »
A Federal Judge is writing the Nation Wide Permanent Injunction
that will put a stop to Trump's folly.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 01:03:09 am »

Trump's folly?  What is Trumps folly, @rustynail?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 02:47:30 am »
Trump's folly?  What is Trumps folly, @rustynail?

I wondered that also.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 04:34:15 pm »
Well here is the latest.  It appears that they have not and are not going to stop the printing.  Trump is continuing to try and fight it in court.  He says maybe they could add an addendum to the already printed Census at added cost.  And lawyers will fight that.

Why doesn't he issue the EO?  He has threatened without action before.  If there is anything important enough to issue the EO it is this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/government-lawyers-affirm-administration-will-pursue-adding-citizenship-question-to-2020-census-according-to-statement-to-judge/ar-AADUfJy?ocid=spartanntp
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 04:35:44 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 04:51:04 pm »
Folly?  What is that anyway?

Maybe it is a folly for the one elected to enforce our laws actually doing something to do so?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 08:15:04 pm »
This is a prime example of be careful what you wish for. The reason other countries pay lower prices, is because their government is the sole entity purchasing. They set the maximum of what they pay and will not purchase certain drugs or treatment plans they do not consider to be cost-effective. IOW - you’re setting the stage for the Death Panels.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-the-u-s-pays-more-than-other-countries-for-drugs-1448939481

@edpc Is this meant for the thread concerning the EO about prescription drugs?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 08:17:28 pm »
@edpc Is this meant for the thread concerning the EO about prescription drugs?

Yep - wrong EO thread.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.