Author Topic: Trump to sign executive order to lower drug prices  (Read 3077 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to sign executive order to lower drug prices
« on: July 05, 2019, 07:47:21 pm »
Trump to sign executive order to lower drug prices
by Kimberly Leonard
 | July 05, 2019 02:58 PM

The White House is writing an executive order that would reduce what the U.S. pays for drugs so that it's more in line with the lowest price paid elsewhere in the world, Trump told reporters Friday.

"As you know, for years and years other nations paid less for drugs than we do," Trump said Friday at the White House. "Sometimes by 60-70%. We’re working on it right now, we’re working on a favored nations clause, where we pay whatever the lowest nation’s price is. Why should other nations — like Canada — but why should other nations pay much less than us? They’ve taken advantage of the system for a long time, Pharma."

Trump said the announcement was coming "very shortly" but did not provide other details about how the plan would work. A "favored nations clause" refers to a contract in which a seller gives buyers the same best terms that it offers to other buyers.

Last year, the Department of Health and Human Services proposed an "international drug pricing index" that would help Medicare pay similar rates for drugs as what other countries do.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/healthcare/trump-to-sign-executive-order-to-lower-drug-prices
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

Re: Trump to sign executive order to lower drug prices
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 08:55:44 pm »
I really don't understand why the overseas prices are lower...I don't care either.

There is no reason that US citizens should not pay the same price. (yes, I'm annoyed over this)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 09:16:24 pm »
I really don't understand why the overseas prices are lower...I don't care either.

There is no reason that US citizens should not pay the same price. (yes, I'm annoyed over this)

The way I understand it is because their governments set maximum prices and ours doesn't, leaving Americans to fund R&D and overall production costs.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 11:04:31 pm »

I know you said you didn't care, but...

Let's say, after spending a billion or so developing a new drug, a company can produce each pill for $1.  Now let's say in the US customers will pay $50 each, but in East Crapistan they won't pay any more than $2.   $2 is not $50, but it's still profitable.

It seems unfair, but consider the alternatives.  Force the company to sell at the US price everywhere, and people around the world won't buy the drug and US prices go up to make up for the difference.  Force the company to sell in the US at the lowest international price, and they don't spend the money to develop it in the first place, so no one gets any.

MR=MC
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 11:05:54 pm »
Next up an EO forcing US luxury hotels to lower their prices.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 01:16:34 am »
In Heaven wrote:
"It seems unfair, but consider the alternatives..."

You missed an alternative.

How about permitting Americans to order brand name prescriptions (selling for high prices in America) from other countries, where the prices are an order of magnitude lower? Not sure if they can do that now.

It's called "competition".
The current "system" provides little or none.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 01:21:20 am »
Most development costs are incurred because, due to the FDA’s approval process, it takes so damn long to bring a new drug to market. That’s where to be focus should be.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 02:14:48 am »
I've been harping on this for a long time.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 02:53:10 am »
Well if you listen to the commercials most of the drugs can cause serious health problems.  Can lead to...……...if you notice any of these symptoms..... You need one drug because you took another that caused your health problem.  All of the HBP medicines have all been tied to cancer recently.  And all of that leads to the commercials with the lawyers who want to help you be compensated for bad drugs.

That's probably why it takes so long to get through the FDA?  At any rate I am sure they get sued.

Like this injury claim coach website:

https://www.injuryclaimcoach.com/drug-lawsuits.html

They will help you raise the cost of medications.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 02:57:17 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 03:15:34 am »
Bet that panics a few stock holders in drug companies.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 04:55:37 am »
In Heaven wrote:
"It seems unfair, but consider the alternatives..."

You missed an alternative.

How about permitting Americans to order brand name prescriptions (selling for high prices in America) from other countries, where the prices are an order of magnitude lower? Not sure if they can do that now.

It's called "competition".
The current "system" provides little or none.

Hey, I'm all for allowing Americans to spend their money however they see fit.  I like competition.  I'm a free traitor.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 03:14:12 pm »
Should have gone through Congress
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2019, 03:28:05 pm »
Should have gone through Congress

Why is that?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 03:56:28 pm »

And I will be Russian right there to get a suite deal at Trump Tower.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2019, 04:07:00 pm »
Big pharmaceutical companies are just like any other business. All they want to do is make money. They don't care about curing illnesses. All they care about is making money.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 04:11:26 pm »

Really want to hear from the Tump contingency on how they think this is a "conservative" action in respect to a capitalistic system.

You know...so many of you think he is the most conservative POTUS since Reagan.  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 04:17:38 pm »
Big pharmaceutical companies are just like any other business. All they want to do is make money. They don't care about curing illnesses. All they care about is making money.

The reason they haven't cured Cancer.  They don't want to its a money making business.  The reason they changed the blood pressure chart.  To make money.  People are taking medications they don't even need.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2019, 04:17:56 pm »
Why is that?

Cause the Constitution says so.

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2019, 04:21:10 pm »

The reason they haven't cured Cancer.  They don't want to its a money making business.  The reason they changed the blood pressure chart.  To make money.  People are taking medications they don't even need.

The Italians found a cure for most cancers a couple of years ago.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2019, 04:43:30 pm »

They actually have cured some cancers, like childhood leukemia.  I'm not sure where you get this.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2019, 04:51:24 pm »
They actually have cured some cancers, like childhood leukemia.  I'm not sure where you get this.

I hadn't heard that.  I just looked.  The cure rate has gone up but they are not saying there is a cure.  Its the same radiation chemotherapy.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2019, 04:52:38 pm »
The Italians found a cure for most cancers a couple of years ago.

And if they did we aren't using it in the U.S.   There was just something in the news about Israel finding a cure also.  Its the same long drawn out therapy and the same 5 year prognosis.  That is standard in all cancers.  They say remission until you hit 5 years and after 5 years they call it cured.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 04:54:36 pm by Chosen Daughter »

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2019, 05:04:22 pm »

Who would want to be the company that cured cancer?  That would be horrible for advertising their other products.

If someone is going to find a cure, who would want to be the company that didn't get there first???

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2019, 05:36:06 pm »
Look at Stanislaw Burzynski.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2019, 05:42:05 pm »
Who would want to be the company that cured cancer?  That would be horrible for advertising their other products.

If someone is going to find a cure, who would want to be the company that didn't get there first???

I had stage 3 cancer and I rejected chemotherapy.  I can't tell you how many scientific studies I have read on natural cures.  I have been treating my cancer naturally and so far I am cancer free.  Scientist know about these things but Oncologist will not tell you about it.  Is a big push for Chemo and Radiation.

https://draxe.com/10-natural-cancer-treatments-hidden-cures/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 05:46:17 pm by Chosen Daughter »