Author Topic: Ted Cruz and Charles C.W. Cooke just embarrassed Colin Kaepernick so badly even we feel sorry for hi  (Read 565 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Ted Cruz and Charles C.W. Cooke just embarrassed Colin Kaepernick so badly even we feel sorry for him

Posted at 11:35 pm on July 4, 2019 by Greg P.

Failed NFL QB Colin Kaepernick thought it would be a good idea to share this Frederick Douglass quote in an effort to bash the United States on Independence Day. His problem, however, is that he didn’t read the rest of the speech and sharing this quote out of context is just plain embarrassing, as Sen.Ted Cruz and Charles C.W. Cooke were so happy to point out.

First up, here’s Kaepernick’s tweet:

Colin Kaepernick
    ✔
    @Kaepernick7

“What have I, or those I represent, to do with your national independence? This Fourth of July is yours, not mine…There is not a nation on the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody than are the people of these United States at this very hour.”
    - Frederick Douglass
    12:03 PM - Jul 4, 2019

Ted Cruz
‏Verified account @tedcruz

Ted Cruz Retweeted Colin Kaepernick

You quote a mighty and historic speech by the great abolitionist Frederick Douglass, but, without context, many modern readers will misunderstand. Two critical points:

Ted Cruz
‏Verified account @tedcruz

(1) This speech was given in 1852, before the Civil War, when the abomination of slavery still existed. Thanks to Douglass and so many other heroes, we ended that grotesque evil and have made enormous strides to protecting the civil rights of everybody.
9:27 PM - 4 Jul 2019

Ted Cruz
✔
@tedcruz
Replying to @tedcruz

(2) Douglass was not anti-American; he was, rightly and passionately, anti-slavery. Indeed, he concluded the speech as follows:
8:27 PM - Jul 4, 2019

more
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/07/04/ted-cruz-and-charles-c-w-cooke-just-embarrassed-colin-kaepernick-so-badly-even-we-feel-sorry-for-him/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

I doubt Kaepernick is capable of being embarrassed. He's one of those individuals who is so certain they're right, facts and logic mean nothing.
Paul Ehrlich should have been duly embarrassed because none of his dire predictions of starvation occurred after the publication of his book, The Population Bomb.  But he's still feted and treated as a hero by the leftist community.
Some people just can't be embarrassed no matter how wrong they're proven.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"Fellow Citizens, I am not wanting in respect for the fathers of this republic. The signers of the Declaration of Independence were brave men. They were great men too-great enough to give fame to a great age. It does not often happen to a nation to raise, at one time, such a number of truly great men. The point from which I am compelled to view them is not, certainly the most favorable; and yet I cannot contemplate their great deeds with less than admiration. They were statesmen, patriots and heroes, and for the good they did, and the principles they contended for, I will unite with you to honor their memory."

FREDERICK DOUGLASS, JULY 5TH, 1852.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I doubt Kaepernick is capable of being embarrassed. He's one of those individuals who is so certain they're right, facts and logic mean nothing.
Paul Ehrlich should have been duly embarrassed because none of his dire predictions of starvation occurred after the publication of his book, The Population Bomb.  But he's still feted and treated as a hero by the leftist community.

Plus Colin just ain't that bright.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Plus Colin just ain't that bright.

He couldn't even get an element to glow in a 10 watt bulb.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 04:37:00 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You misspelled "fetid."  :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
"Fellow Citizens, I am not wanting in respect for the fathers of this republic. The signers of the Declaration of Independence were brave men. They were great men too-great enough to give fame to a great age. It does not often happen to a nation to raise, at one time, such a number of truly great men. The point from which I am compelled to view them is not, certainly the most favorable; and yet I cannot contemplate their great deeds with less than admiration. They were statesmen, patriots and heroes, and for the good they did, and the principles they contended for, I will unite with you to honor their memory."

FREDERICK DOUGLASS, JULY 5TH, 1852.
Gee, I wonder why Kaepernick didn't quote that part of the speech?

Odd that someone from more than 150 years ago has a better understanding of context and perspective than do so many people today.

Offline goatprairie

You misspelled "fetid."  :laugh:
You know, after TPB was proven to be a wackjob hoax, and I didn't read anything about Ehrlich for while, I read about his bet with economist Julian Simon in the nineties where Ehrlich was wrong on every one of the basic minerals he thought would be much more expensive in the future.
Simon, once again, exposed Ehrlich as a quack scientist, and then I didn't read or hear anything about Ehrlich for a long time except in conservative organs as an example of a dizzy leftist.
But then I few years ago I read an article where's he still going around giving speeches and treated as a prophet of calamity  by many leftist orgs.
I couldn't believe it. If you were proven wrong as often as Ehrlich was, don't you think at some point you'd fall on your sword and disappear from the public scene? Leftists are shameless.

Offline goatprairie

Odd that someone from more than 150 years ago has a better understanding of context and perspective than do so many people today.
Funny nobody does a film about Douglass. He was certainly one of the major historical figures in American life. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I'm gonna guess because he has never read the entire speech.  Could be wrong.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

To further cement what you said, here's more from Mr. Douglas:

"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightening. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never will. Find out just what a people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."

Frederick Douglass August 4, 1857

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm gonna guess because he has never read the entire speech.  Could be wrong.

You can't print a whole speech in a coloring book.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
To further cement what you said, here's more from Mr. Douglas:

"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightening. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never will. Find out just what a people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."

Frederick Douglass August 4, 1857

Great quote, @Bigun.  And, it shows exactly why Douglas has not had a major movie made about him.

Online Hoodat

Someone should explain to Kaepernick why Frederick Douglass was a Republican.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Great quote, @Bigun.  And, it shows exactly why Douglas has not had a major movie made about him.

:yowsa:   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Someone should explain to Kaepernick why Frederick Douglass was a Republican.

And why Martin Luther King was also a Republican.
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

A good movie for D'Souza to undertake.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.