Author Topic: The Liberal War On You... Kurt Schlichter  (Read 1971 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Liberal War On You... Kurt Schlichter
« on: July 04, 2019, 10:27:10 pm »
The Liberal War On You
Kurt Schlichter

Posted: Jul 04, 2019 12:01 AM

We are witnessing the death of the liberal political machine that the elite has operated since the end of World War II, and everything that it is doing to conservatives right now – the censorship, the threats, the intimidation, the violence – is proof that it is dying. These are not the acts of an ideology in ascendance but rather of a scurrilous political paradigm in precipitous decline. And it’s only going to get worse as those losing their grip on political and cultural power desperately try to hold onto it in the face of our populist revolt.

Be prepared. It’s going to get uglier. Our would-be masters see the stakes – their power, prestige and position – and that’s why there is nothing they won’t do, no alleged principle they won’t upend, no bogus value they won’t abandon, to put off the reckoning that their greed and incompetence have brought upon them.

It’s not just happening here in America. It’s happening all over the world – in places like Australia, Hungary, the UK, Brazil, and Italy, uppity citizens have proclaimed that enough is enough, that they want to have a say in their own future. That they have had enough of multiculturalism, globalism and scorn. They want their countries back.

Let’s review the situation here. Silicon Valley’s tech moguls, who advocated a free and open internet when it was to their advantage, have found, to their horror, that Normal people could use it to make themselves heard about the utter failure of our betters at home and abroad. That’s why we have seen the elite’s 180-degree pivot toward censorship and thought control on the web. The progressives never believed in free speech except to the precise extent it was useful to them; the tech titans’ alleged libertarianism extended only as far as them not being held accountable to the people through the people’s government, and no further. Now that they are in power, well, free speech is suddenly very, very bad. People are saying things the elite dislikes. That’s not supposed to happen.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2019/07/04/the-liberal-war-on-you-n2549354
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The Liberal War On You... Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 11:18:40 pm »
Kurt may be correct about their being on the downward slope, but they aren't going quietly into the night.  I'd remind the Antifa useful idiots that things didn't end well for the Nazi SA.  When the leftists are finished with them, they'll be the first up against the wall, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 10:09:14 am »
Kurt may be correct about their being on the downward slope, but they aren't going quietly into the night.  I'd remind the Antifa useful idiots that things didn't end well for the Nazi SA.  When the leftists are finished with them, they'll be the first up against the wall, too.
Yep, But they won't be the meanest MoFos in the valley any more. A worse will fill their place.

The only thing we learn from history, is that we don't learn anything from history.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 01:51:21 pm »
Yep, But they won't be the meanest MoFos in the valley any more. A worse will fill their place.

The only thing we learn from history, is that we don't learn anything from history.

@Smokin Joe 

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."  --Santayana

"Those who can remember the past are condemned to repeat it by those who cannot."  --Cyber Liberty

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 05:54:16 am »
@Smokin Joe 

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."  --Santayana

"Those who can remember the past are condemned to repeat it by those who cannot."  --Cyber Liberty
Only because they are in the majority and demand to do so.

"A crowd is just a mob looking for a spark." --Smokin' Joe

(I have never trusted crowds, and tend to avoid crowded places when I can.)

The biggest reason I believe our Constitutional Republic is the best form of government, is that if our Constitution is followed, the mob is somewhat neutered and reason has a chance to prevail (there are no guarantees).
But to follow our COnstitution's original intent, or even the spirit thereof, a person must know our history.
If that history isn't taught--warts and all--the pitfalls of the past, both our country's past, and the failures of other countries past and present, cannot be avoided.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 02:34:19 pm »
Only because they are in the majority and demand to do so.

"A crowd is just a mob looking for a spark." --Smokin' Joe

(I have never trusted crowds, and tend to avoid crowded places when I can.)

The biggest reason I believe our Constitutional Republic is the best form of government, is that if our Constitution is followed, the mob is somewhat neutered and reason has a chance to prevail (there are no guarantees).
But to follow our COnstitution's original intent, or even the spirit thereof, a person must know our history.
If that history isn't taught--warts and all--the pitfalls of the past, both our country's past, and the failures of other countries past and present, cannot be avoided.

That last paragraph is exactly what Santayana was talking about.  888high58888
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 02:41:26 pm »

These are not the acts of an ideology in ascendance but rather of a scurrilous political paradigm in precipitous decline.

I'm inclined to disagree with Schlichter here. The left's recent oppressive behavior is likely that of a formerly unopposed ideology that is meeting significant resistance for the first time but not necessarily those of an ideology in decline.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 03:07:15 pm »
These are not the acts of an ideology in ascendance but rather of a scurrilous political paradigm in precipitous decline.

I'm inclined to disagree with Schlichter here. The left's recent oppressive behavior is likely that of a formerly unopposed ideology that is meeting significant resistance for the first time but not necessarily those of an ideology in decline.

Interesting. But, we should consider also the Trump factor here. These are not normal times. There is a level of fixation and hatred for a political leader not seen since Nixon and the days of the turbulent VN anti-war protests. Surely, sensible democrats will emerge in congress to wrest the party back from the radical left once the orange ogre has vacated their itty bitty brain pans. They will no longer be forced to resist just for the sake of resistance to the deplorable, irredeemable Trump. Which seems to be their only agenda item.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 05:05:30 pm »
Interesting. But, we should consider also the Trump factor here. These are not normal times. There is a level of fixation and hatred for a political leader not seen since Nixon and the days of the turbulent VN anti-war protests. Surely, sensible democrats will emerge in congress to wrest the party back from the radical left once the orange ogre has vacated their itty bitty brain pans. They will no longer be forced to resist just for the sake of resistance to the deplorable, irredeemable Trump. Which seems to be their only agenda item.

I believe the level of antipathy shown by the left will from now on be in direct proportion to the level of opposition to their agenda, regardless of it's source, and if it changes at all it will only increase in its intensity.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 09:01:23 pm »
The undercurrent I get is the ongoing sense of 60s redux, from race riots to protest songs (often the same ones because newer ones suck), to the howling to impeach a Republican President, to the ERA inspired womyn's protests, to the renewed push to legalize pot (which has never really gone away), to antiwar sentiments, Erf Day writ large, and even heroin coming back into the spotlight.

It's as if a swarm of aging hippies is seeking political relevance all over again, indoctrinating the younger generations with the communism of the New Left, and is, with only small differences, the same stuff, different decade. 
Only now, the media have to make no pretense of standing for any traditional American Values to sell soap, or to eveen remain on the air, they Leftists dominate in the broadcast and cable realm.

Conservatism is generally consigned to radio and internet.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 09:07:33 pm »

REALLY @skeeter ???
Where have you been?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 09:10:28 pm »

Just wow.  **nononono*

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2019, 09:14:31 pm »
The undercurrent I get is the ongoing sense of 60s redux, from race riots to protest songs (often the same ones because newer ones suck), to the howling to impeach a Republican President, to the ERA inspired womyn's protests, to the renewed push to legalize pot (which has never really gone away), to antiwar sentiments, Erf Day writ large, and even heroin coming back into the spotlight.

It's as if a swarm of aging hippies is seeking political relevance all over again, indoctrinating the younger generations with the communism of the New Left, and is, with only small differences, the same stuff, different decade. 
Only now, the media have to make no pretense of standing for any traditional American Values to sell soap, or to eveen remain on the air, they Leftists dominate in the broadcast and cable realm.

Conservatism is generally consigned to radio and internet.

That's exactly right, Smoke.
This is nothing new.
It is very much the SOSDD. (SOSDifferentDecade)

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 09:32:40 pm »
That's exactly right, Smoke.
This is nothing new.
It is very much the SOSDD. (SOSDifferentDecade)

I think what the difference that I observe now is that all of what @Smokin Joe listed out above used to be what most of America looked upon as fringe.

All that supported and were involved in that stuff were seen as "freaks, weirdos, pinkos, commies, fruits" by most of America.

Now, it seems to be pretty mainstream.  And conservatism is viewed as fringe by the mainstream.  A reversal if you will....

:shrug:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2019, 09:47:28 pm »
REALLY @skeeter ???
Where have you been?

Obviously you think I'm crediting only Trump.

You'd be wrong.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 09:49:21 pm »
I think what the difference that I observe now is that all of what @Smokin Joe listed out above used to be what most of America looked upon as fringe.

All that supported and were involved in that stuff were seen as "freaks, weirdos, pinkos, commies, fruits" by most of America.

Now, it seems to be pretty mainstream.  And conservatism is viewed as fringe by the mainstream.  A reversal if you will....

I think it only seems that way because that is what the MSM feeds you 24/7/365 these days.  I think the vast mainstream, the silent majority if you will, has about had enough of that garbage and THAT explains Trump's popularity.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 09:51:57 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 09:54:50 pm »

Perhaps we need another Limbaugh 'See I Told You So' moment @EdJames ...
I think on average, Joe Sixpack is inherently conservative - Even without understanding of the principles he is adhering to.

Necessarily so - Because deception always leads to destruction...

Not to say he don't get some learning along the way - How many millions have been caught up in the deception of plastic money, racked up huge debt, and had to learn the discipline of fiscal conservatism with their nose on the grindstone? Which other principles (inherent, self-evident truths) will do likewise in a man's personal life as he goes along? The answer, painfully, is every_single_one.

And Limbaugh is a great example... How mainstream was Conservatism in the day of the rise of talk radio? Let me tell you - it was nearly gone, according to my sense at the time. I was so very amazed at the groundswell of formerly silenced people that think exactly like me.

Chick Fil A, man. Chick Fil A.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2019, 09:59:44 pm »
I think it only seems that way because that is what the MSM feeds you 24/7/365 these days.  I think the vast mainstream, the silent majority if you will, has about had enough of that garbage and THAT explains Trump's popularity.

I'm afraid that fringe has ascended to positions of power. That, and one other important factor are what make today different from the 60s.

The other factor being our side for once has an effective public voice. Before anyone takes offense I'll hasten to add I'm not talking about Trump, although he undoubtedly is an effective voice. I'm referring to the loosening grip on the news franchise the left has had exclusive hold over for near the past 100 years. For the first time in my memory the left has an opponent with nearly equal opportunity to be heard. And its why they're growing increasingly hysterical.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2019, 10:00:03 pm »
Obviously you think I'm crediting only Trump.

You'd be wrong.

@skeeter
No, I think you're discrediting every fight the Conservatives have made since Reagan.
I think you have forgotten much to suggest that only now the liberals are meeting 'significant resistance'.

In fact, the resistance right now is rather bland by comparison.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2019, 10:01:11 pm »

I personally watch none of it, I only read about what the MSM says in places like this.

I'd like to believe that you are correct, but I talk to a LOT of people everyday (much more than most people do) and what I hear from them is pretty much the MSM and social media messages played back.  I would say that it is about 60%-40%....  at least from my observations.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2019, 10:02:31 pm »
I'm afraid that fringe has ascended to positions of power. That, and one other important factor are what make today different from the 60s.

The other factor being our side for once has an effective public voice. Before anyone takes offense I'll hasten to add I'm not talking about Trump, although he undoubtedly is an effective voice. I'm referring to the loosening grip on the news franchise the left has had exclusive hold over for near the past 100 years. For the first time in my memory the left has an opponent with nearly equal opportunity to be heard. And its why they're growing increasingly hysterical.

FWIW, I think you are absolutely right.  They see a very big danger to what they have spent the last 100+ years putting together and don't like it one damned bit!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 10:05:42 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2019, 10:03:02 pm »
@skeeter
No, I think you're discrediting every fight the Conservatives have made since Reagan.
I think you have forgotten much to suggest that only now the liberals are meeting 'significant resistance'.

In fact, the resistance right now is rather bland by comparison.

Still wrong. I'm not discrediting conservatives. I'm crediting technology.

I loved Reagan. But there were policy positions that due to the then prevailing political climate created by the MSM franchise even he couldn't touch which are being considered or at least debated today. As always its about the flow and availability of information.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 10:08:35 pm by skeeter »

Offline EdJames

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2019, 10:04:36 pm »
Perhaps we need another Limbaugh 'See I Told You So' moment @EdJames ...
I think on average, Joe Sixpack is inherently conservative - Even without understanding of the principles he is adhering to.

Necessarily so - Because deception always leads to destruction...

Not to say he don't get some learning along the way - How many millions have been caught up in the deception of plastic money, racked up huge debt, and had to learn the discipline of fiscal conservatism with their nose on the grindstone? Which other principles (inherent, self-evident truths) will do likewise in a man's personal life as he goes along? The answer, painfully, is every_single_one.

And Limbaugh is a great example... How mainstream was Conservatism in the day of the rise of talk radio? Let me tell you - it was nearly gone, according to my sense at the time. I was so very amazed at the groundswell of formerly silenced people that think exactly like me.

Chick Fil A, man. Chick Fil A.

I hear what you are saying, however I think that too many discount the impact that the MSM has had over these past decades.  Like I mentioned above, I see it about 60% to 40% and we are behind.  Now, take older folks, say above 60 years old: we are far ahead, probably about 80% to 20%.  Take those 35 years old and under: total flip, we are at about 20% to 80%.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2019, 10:04:48 pm »
I personally watch none of it, I only read about what the MSM says in places like this.

I'd like to believe that you are correct, but I talk to a LOT of people everyday (much more than most people do) and what I hear from them is pretty much the MSM and social media messages played back.  I would say that it is about 60%-40%....  at least from my observations.

I think the part of the country you spend most of your time in has a LOT to do with your perspective. I can tell you that it is definitely NOT like that in my neck of the woods at all.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2019, 10:05:23 pm »
FWIW, I think you are absolutely right.  They see a very big danger to what they have spent the last 100+ putting together and don't like it one damned bit!

They should be worried.  They aren't as stupid as they look and act.  They think they have us on the run and it's time to seal the deal.
I will NOT comply.