Author Topic: Biden faces his Waterloo in Iowa as campaign momentum stalls  (Read 405 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden faces his Waterloo in Iowa as campaign momentum stalls
by Joseph Simonson
 | July 04, 2019 08:51 AM

WATERLOO, Iowa — When Joe Biden visited Iowa for the first time after he declared his third presidential run in late April, he promised Democrats in the state he'd be there so often that they'd eventually grow sick of him.

It is now July and the former vice president is on only his third visit to the state, having skipped one big gathering to attend his granddaughter's high school graduation.

Then, the 76-year-old, who spent 36 years in the Senate, was comfortably leading the rest of the Democratic pack by 10 points or more in the polls. But just a few weeks have turned a brashly confident campaign into one on the verge of crisis after a crushing debate performance by Kamala Harris, who attacked his handling of racial issues in the 1970s, and sinking poll numbers.

When Biden landed in Iowa on Wednesday, a new poll from A Focus on Rural America showed his support among Democrats in the state has plummeted 20 points since September, landing him in third place at 17% behind Elizabeth Warren at 20% and Kamala Harris at 18%. A third-place result in Iowa would signal the end of Biden's presidential hopes.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-faces-his-waterloo-in-iowa-as-campaign-momentum-stalls
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Biden faces his Waterloo in Iowa as campaign momentum stalls
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 02:59:18 pm »
Proving once again there’s no such thing as “Joe-mentum”... never was.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 03:11:18 pm »
Biden has never polled as well in Iowa. He's been just ahead of Bernie.

Waterloo is also not predominately black. Their black population is 15%.

It was just a matter of time before the SJW nutjobs went after Biden and brought him down. No one should be surprised.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 03:21:25 pm »
I think in his heart Joe is more of a centrist,  and he can't seem to find his way in the modern-day Far Left Democratic Party.    He tries to think of what to say to placate them,  but he can't pull it off without looking like a fool.   

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 03:28:27 pm »
I think in his heart Joe is more of a centrist,  and he can't seem to find his way in the modern-day Far Left Democratic Party.    He tries to think of what to say to placate them,  but he can't pull it off without looking like a fool.   

If he wasn't a gaffe-a-minute idiot, he could retool and start taking the middle ground, but I don't think he's got the chops.

Other problem he's got is that all the others with any kind of polling percentage are far left. When they coalesce into one, he'll be swamped if he can't find some traction.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 03:36:45 pm »
IMHO Joe Biden has never had an original thought in his life.  He has been a good soldier and followed the instructions of his AFL/CIO masters to the letter for his entire career.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien